cdn.immereeako.info Chrome issue

poro

Hi, I've been battling with this adware injection for several days now. Not sure how to remove. It seems that malwarebytes is aware of the issue but cannot get rid of it. I've even done a full reset/restore of Google chrome browser. Lost all my passwords in the process. But I still get this popup every time I open chrome. If i dont use malwarebytes I sometimes get random ads pop up even with ublock origin and all my google searches have an ads section (Like this: https://imgur.com/a/1iZEHwl)

Not sure what I can do at this point.

Hello poro

and
:welcome:

Please take your time.

I have attached A file I need you to download and save it to the same place that you saved the FRST program

Download attached **fixlist.txt** and save it to same location where the FRST tool is located.

NOTE: Both FRST.exe and the fixlist.txt must be in the same location or the fix will not work.
Close all browsers before running.

Double click FRST to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version.
 •Click the **Fix Button**.

•If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally.

•The tool will complete its run after restart.

When finished, the tool will make a log (Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run. Please attach the Fixlog.txt in your reply.

Restart the pc and let me know how it's running now.

fixlist.txt

Choose your homepage

You can control what page appears when you click Home Home.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
  3. Under "Appearance," turn on Show Home button.
  4. Below "Show Home button," choose to use the New Tab page or a custom page

The Home button will appear to the left of your address bar.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95314?hl=en

It's really strange. This is part of the itranslator virus according to a google search. 

Everytime I open chrome (after having all the pages closed) It will open up to the "go.microsoft.com/?69157" and then redirect to microsoft (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/)

I've looked at the settings and its set to "new tab page on startup" I've checked the icon and preferences and there's nothing saying it should be starting up on that microsoft link.

This will be my last reply today

I have attached A file I need you to download and save it to the same place that you saved the FRST program

Download attached **fixlist.txt** and save it to same location where the FRST tool is located.

NOTE: Both FRST.exe and the fixlist.txt must be in the same location or the fix will not work.

Double click FRST to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version.

•If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally.

When finished, the tool will make a log (Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run. Please attach the Fixlog.txt in your reply.

fixlist.txt

1 minute ago, Montechristos said:

I have exactly the same issue. Have been fighting to get rid of the redirection for days now.

I have 'immunized' the cdn.immereeako.info in hosts file.

However I am struggling to get rid of the redirection to go.microsoft.com...

Things I tried:

Mcaffee

Malwarebytes

ESET (running it as we speak)

Montechristos

You need to create your own topic.

Please do not reply in another user's topic.

poro

I need new logs please.

Please take your time.

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbst?src=Experts

Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
    Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
        You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
    Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
    You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
    Click the Advanced tab

Click the Gather Logs button

A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

Upon completion, a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK

Please attach the file in your next reply. 

fixlist.txt

Don't give up.

Restart your computer in Safe Mode.

Step 1: When you hit the power button in Windows 8.1 / 10 (through Charms Bar), hold down the Shift key when clicking the Restart button.

Step 2: The next screen will present you with three options. Click Troubleshoot.

Step 3: Next, hit Advanced options followed by Windows Startup Settings from the next screen.

Step 4: Your PC will now be rebooted to enable the advanced parameters, which include Safe Mode as well. Once it restarts, you’ll get nine options whereby the following commands apply:

F4 for Safe Mode

F5 for Safe Mode with Networking

F6 for Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Based on your selection, Windows 8.1 (or Windows 8 or 10 the method applies to both) will boot accordingly.

F5 for Safe Mode with Networking

Then press the enter key on your keyboard to boot into Windows Safe Mode.

When Windows starts you will be at a typical logon screen. Logon to your computer and Windows will enter Safe mode.

Open Malwarebytes (MBAM), run a new and delete all in Quarantine

**Power Off** (shutdown, the pc.

Wait a few minutes.

Restart in Normal Mode, run a new MBAM and make sure it's gone