Trojan.Win32.Buzus.bsbv

Howdy! I recently had a run-in with Trojan.Win32.Buzus.bsbv - I couldn't find any information on this particular bug although MalwareBytes picked it up as a registry bug (Backdoor.bot taskman.exe) involving taskman which was in turn directed to C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-0780163115-8697256598-634181851-2710\rundll32.exe

To cut a long story short I managed to delete the file after much annoyance - SpyBot would only detect the reg change as did Malwarebytes but after running Kaspersky it identified it as Trojan.Win32.Buzus.bsbv - I also seemed to have had a dropper in my sys volume info which disappeared after I turned off system restore. I'm just curious as to why I can't find any info on the bug as Kaspersky named it - wondering if anyone else came across this.

I think I managed to pick it up from a Fallout 3 loader I downloaded (Thanks to SecuROM wigging out). I have a few MBAM logs and a kaspersky log but nothing else. As I said I seem to have removed it (No more browsers opening to spam sites and no more unauthorised reg changes) but I'm just curious about it - it's the first infection I've had in about 10 years!

Here'll help you:

To get you fixed up please follow the instructions here:

I'm infected - What do I do now?

And post your logs in a new topic here:

Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

Please be sure not to install any software or use any removal or scanning tools exept those that you are

instructed to by the expert who will be assisting you as doing so can make their job much more difficult.

note: if for some reason you are unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one.

If you can't even run HijackThis, then just post here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs describing your issues and an expert will reply with further instructions.

I hope I was helpful. Good luck and safe surfing. :D