Realtime protection and scanning not working

Earlier this morning my Premium Malwarebytes no longer gives realtime web protection and a scan lasts 7 seconds with nil files scanned.

I see others are reporting this issue so look forward to a prompt solution!

Here are images of what I get plus version number (I did a clean install this morning).

1.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by CelloJP
added images

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have exact same problem just started today, using windows 10 i'm unable to activate web protection and the scan is not working

Version 3.1.2.1733

Component Package 1.0.122

Update Package1.0.1974

Think I,ll disable and use windows defender untill a fix is found.

Edited by Chopster
mistype

39 minutes ago, CelloJP said:

Earlier this morning my Premium Malwarebytes no longer gives realtime web protection and a scan lasts 7 seconds with nil files scanned.

I see others are reporting this issue so look forward to a prompt solution!

Here are images of what I get plus version number (I did a clean install this morning).

1.png

2.png

3.png

same

just reinstalled an older versrion 3, and same happens after about 30secs protection disables and scans dont work, so i've reinstalled again, and quickly started a full scan before protection gets switched off, and its now scanning my system, but all protection modules got switched off while scanning, will see if it finds anything....

Edited by MarkG_UK

Same, started last night at some point. I woke up to the protection off alert on my desktop and when I popped open my laptop at work it had the same error. 

Both are running the most current version with updates, the Desktop is on Win 7 Pro and laptop is running Win 10. So its definitely an issue with Malwarebytes software.  

Yes - same issue here.  I downloaded Premium trial today (Win 7) and real time protection would not start and scan cancels after 1 second. Have tried downgrading Premium trial to "free" - same thing happens. 

The strange thing is my other laptop (also win 7) - has the same set up working fine (downloaded the trial a week ago).

I also have Mcafee TP on both machines - but suspect this is not the reason as the one machine allows the MWB scan to work fine.

Same here.  I just created this account to post issues with malwarebytes this morning, but looks like I'm not the only one.  Also looks like if you use the clean tool to uninstall, it will then prompt you to re-install and now web protection works, but updates aren't working.  In the logs the updater is giving http error 503, which probably means they have disabled their updater to stop anymore people from getting the "bad update".  They'll probably turn it back on once a fix has been issued.