Android Rooting?

• 3 weeks later...

Depends on the Android VERSION you have.  Kingoroot (as opposed to "KingRoot" which is a completely different product that I personally would NOT use) does a perfectly good job on Lollipop and earlier versions, in my personal experience.  Haven't tried to root a Marshmallow or Nougat device yet, so no help there.  On Lollipop devices, I personally found that downloading the Android .apk version of Kingo worked better than the Windows connected version, but my Windows version may have been out of date.  NOW, having said all that, why do you need or want to root the device?  Some apps, like Link2SD and Titanium Backup, are really useful things that require root access, but some folks just seem to want to do it because it is fashionable.  ALSO, for my money, make sure you can UNROOT and REROOT at your convenience, which Kingoroot should allow you to do. If all you are looking for is a bulletproof backup, look into installing a version of TWRP as your recovery instead, assuming one exists because hacking one to get it to work is not for everyone.  It includes one-touch "Nandroid" backup capability for everything on the device. Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2016 at 10:30 PM, GeoNez said:

Depends on the Android VERSION you have.  Kingoroot (as opposed to "KingRoot" which is a completely different product that I personally would NOT use) does a perfectly good job on Lollipop and earlier versions, in my personal experience.  Haven't tried to root a Marshmallow or Nougat device yet, so no help there.  On Lollipop devices, I personally found that downloading the Android .apk version of Kingo worked better than the Windows connected version, but my Windows version may have been out of date.  NOW, having said all that, why do you need or want to root the device?  Some apps, like Link2SD and Titanium Backup, are really useful things that require root access, but some folks just seem to want to do it because it is fashionable.  ALSO, for my money, make sure you can UNROOT and REROOT at your convenience, which Kingoroot should allow you to do. If all you are looking for is a bulletproof backup, look into installing a version of TWRP as your recovery instead, assuming one exists because hacking one to get it to work is not for everyone.  It includes one-touch "Nandroid" backup capability for everything on the device. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice. It really helps and I have successfully rooted my device with the help of Kingoroot. Will try install TWRP recovery as per your advice and let you know the status soon.