Increased Scan Time

Has there been a scanning algorithm change in MBAM? ... because over the past 1-2 weeks or so, I've observed an approximate 50-100% increase in the duration of time it takes for my daily batch scripted "QuickScanTerminate" to execute.

Thanks in advance.

Try clearing out any temp files, temporary internet files, the recycle bin, etc.

Thanks for your customarily prompt response. It's always much appreciated.

Unfortunately, your suggestion isn't the anwser in this case. All those (and related) receptacles are, and have been, routinely kept nearly bare. There's also been no significant changes made to the target system experiencing the extended scan time.

Again, it's been only for the past ~1-2 weeks that the scan duration has significantly increased by ~50-100%. In other words, what routinely took no longer than ~20 min's, now persistently takes ~30-40 min's (not including update time ... only the scan time). That's why I specifically inquired if there was an algorithm change in the scanner itself ... OR, has there been a recent significant increase in the size of the malware signature database? Can I presume from your reply the answer to these questions is authoritatively "no"?

Again, sincerest thanks to one and all at team MBAM.