Microsoft.com - Access Denied

sarosh

Hi!

I got a few of these in my Protection Log and now I cannot access Microsoft.com

Detection, 2/9/2016 6:11 AM, SYSTEM, SNW-DESKTOP, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, IP, 169.255.205.254, 36664, Inbound, C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe,

Detection, 2/9/2016 8:48 AM, SYSTEM, SNW-DESKTOP, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, IP, 185.33.33.134, 36664, Inbound, C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe,

Now every time I go to Microsoft.com I get the following error:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.microsoft.com/"on this server.

Reference #18.1e081160.1455067049.a2bcf02

Any idea why?

Thanks

ProtectionLog.xml

• Staff

Hello Sarosh,

Skype is a Peer-to-Peer (P2P) application. This means that it connects to a wide variety of IP addresses in order to function. Because of this, Skype may sometimes connect to IP addresses that are also known for hosting malicious content.

For this reason, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may block such connections, though this should not affect your usage of Skype or the quality of communication through Skype itself.

If the notifications are too frequent, and you wish to disable them while still allowing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to continue protecting your PC by blocking the malicious websites, please follow the steps on this article: How do I disable notifications when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware blocks a file or website?

Alternatively, if you would like to stop Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from blocking Skype entirely, you may follow the steps on this article: How do I stop Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from blocking a website or network program that I trust?

Please try to reboot your system and let us know if that helps. :)