MBAM 2.1.6.1022 Updater Behaviour when Program Update Disabled

I think that disabling program updates might be causing the database updater to hang when the database update progress bar has reached the right hand end of its travel without any confirming indication that the database update is complete.  A number of Windows XP users have had to remain with MBAM 2.1.6.1022 so they may also be seeing what I am seeing if they have resorted to disabling program updates.

I have reworded this post.  It should have read as follows : -

I believe that disabling program updates causes the database updater to fail to confirm that the database update is complete when the update progress bar has reached the right hand end of its travel.  It should replace the words 'Updating database' with the new database version number but fails to do that.  Those Windows XP users who have had to continue to use MBAM 2.1.6.1022 are probably also seeing what I am seeing if they have resorted to disabling program updates.

This behaviour seems also to occur with MBAM 2.1.8.1057 but since I doubt if anyone normally disables program updates, no one will notice.