What Anti Virus ?

Hello and welcome back:

There is no one security product or selection of products that is "best" or that suits all users, all computers and all budgets.
If there were, then there would be only a single antivirus on the market. ;)

100 users will offer at least 101 passionate opinions on the subject. :)

The Malwarebytes folks maintain business relationships with many anti-virus vendors.

So it would be awkward and inappropriate to endorse one product over another.

Here is a pinned topic: List of well known antivirus products
It contains links to other, external resources at "general" computer sites with vigorous discussion of the subject.

If you search this forum and most other security forums, you will find many, other, similar posts and discussions over the years.

Here are two more:
Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware Software
Windows 7: What's the Best Anti-virus?

MBAM Premium is designed to work alongside all of the major, popular AVs, to provide layered, complementary protection.

So, not matter which one you choose, you should be just fine.

Thank you,

Best Free: Avast,AVG,Bitdefender,Avira

Best Paid: Kaspersky, Bitdefender,Emsisoft,ESET,G-Data,Avira

To answer your question is impossible to tell which one is the best, because everyday signature detection can goes up and down insanely so there is no way to tell. Also. i would recommend run Malwarebytes Anti Malware as on demand scanner, because having two or more anti malware running will cause the system conflict, performance impact, and last but not least they both will fight over who is going to block this type of malware nor virus. Some people will said you need to set exclusion on your malwarebytes and antivirus so they will not scan each other. The answer is false, even you set exclusion but when is malware is able to slip into your system due to 2 software can't decides who is going to block that is where big trouble will be. Rather be safe, than sorry.

Best Free: Avast,AVG,Bitdefender,Avira

Best Paid: Kaspersky, Bitdefender,Emsisoft,ESET,G-Data,Avira

@fireglow, please be aware that these suggestions are the personal recommendations only of INeedAMedic, who only yesterday asked the very same question >>HERE<<.

Moreover, they are provided without supportive, objective data.

To answer your question is impossible to tell which one is the best, because everyday signature detection can goes up and down insanely so there is no way to tell.

The efficacy of anti-virus depends on much more than just the number of signatures in the database.

The choice of an AV depends on many factors -- not just the software itself (the scanning engines and many other factors), but also the user's computer hardware and other software, computing practices, budget, and other variables.

Number of signatures really has little to do with it.

Also. i would recommend run Malwarebytes Anti Malware as on demand scanner, because having two or more anti malware running will cause the system conflict, performance impact, and last but not least they both will fight over who is going to block this type of malware nor virus.

I'm sorry, but that is just an ill-advised, if well-intentioned, suggestion.

MBAM Premium is used by millions of people alongside many different AVs, exactly as it is intended, with no problems.

MBAM Free is ONLY an on-demand scanner that can only REMOVE infections that have made it past your AV onto the computer.

MBAM Premium provides real-time protection to help PREVENT infections from getting onto the computer in the first place.

It does so by targeting the non-viral malware that is often missed by anti-virus applications.

As an anti-malware application, it is designed to run alongside an anti-virus program.

Some people will said you need to set exclusion on your malwarebytes and antivirus so they will not scan each other. The answer is false, even you set exclusion but when is malware is able to slip into your system due to 2 software can't decides who is going to block that is where big trouble will be. Rather be safe, than sorry.

I'm sorry, but that is again not quite accurate.

Most users on most systems do not need to set mutual exclusions.

Some users find that setting mutual exclusions helps to augment system performance.

Doing so does not let "malware slip into your system".

And no one security application can protect 100% of the time against 100% of the ever-changing malware variants.

More info here: The complexity of finding, preventing, and cleanup from malware

Rather, most computer infections originate between the part of the computer between the chair and the keyboard*

Bottom line, @fireglow: any one of many excellent free and paid antivirus programs should work just fine alongside MBAM Premium. :)

If you find that not to be the case, then please feel free to post here at the forum, and someone will help you sort it out. :)

Thank you,

----------------------------

*Safe computing practices are critical.

Here are a few links with helpful information:

The complexity of finding, preventing, and cleanup from malware

So how did I get infected in the first place?

How did I get infected?

Answers to common security questions - Best Practices

List of well known antivirus products

Six tips to help you stay safer online

*cough*, a lot people will go with Avast because is FREE! AND THERE IS NO difference between pro and free version. Also, i would stay away from Norton and McAfee since their detection is garbage in the 2014. Matter of fact, McAfee let ransomware slip into the machine on the live youtube testing. @daledoc1, i disagree about your statement, because MBAM use more ram while is not doing anything especially idle on the desktop, is use 200MB which is a lot compare to Emsisoft. 

@INeedAMedic:

This is @fireglow's topic requesting information.

If you are experiencing performance problems running MBAM Premium on YOUR computer with your hardware, software, computing practices and other variables, then I suggest that you please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using this clickable cjfj.png button.
The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,