Unknown Virus

Traxcat

I have a new virus/malware/trojan critter. I believe I got it from going to tv.com.

I ran Malwarebytes Premium but it doesn't find it.

System: Windows 7 (64 bit)

Symptoms: Multiple IE (version: 11.0.9600.17501) instances poping up at random. As many as 20 of them over a short period of time. Then a popup window says that IE has stopped working. These are not instances that I am using but open by themself. They all go to my homepage (Google).

I have a couple of suspect files but am not sure. wiaacmgr.exe is one of them. This is a legit MS file if it is in windows/system32 folder but I also have one in syswow64 folder. The one in the syswow64 folder is the one that was running in task manager.

Also a dllhost.exe that does not display a username or description. When I click on "open file location" nothing happens. I have several files in task manager that do nothing when I click on "open file location" and none of them have a username or description listed. Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree here?

I don't see any suspicious programs in installed program files.

Hello and :welcome: :

We are not permitted to work on possible malware-related issues here in this section of the forum.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue.

Thanks,