Malwarebytes says rootkit function disabled - Do I need to uninstall-reinstall? Will my license still work?

Had a nasty malware site redirect virus called syswow64 that Malwarebytes did not even recognize or deal with despite using deep scanning including the rootkit scanning option that took an hour and half.  Malwarebytes would stop the site pushing hijack attempts but it was unable to detect or remove the Syswow64 malware which was  frustrating in that in googling this thing has been around for a while now.

So I had to use another rootkit virus program (Adlice Rougekiller) which promptly found and crushed syswow64 but it (I think) identified a component of Malwarebytes rootkit module as malware and quarantined it. 

So now I'm getting Malwarebyte error messages that the scan module is missing the rootkit drivers.

I believe my best bet would be to remove and reinstall Malwarebytes. My question is if I do this will the license key I purchased last year work with a fresh download of Malwarebytes?

This is the version I bought

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PROHome Licenses, 1 License Per PC   - Purchased 05/13

Hi:

Yes, you can reinstall MBAM and use the same license ID/key to activate the Premium version.
If rebooting the computer doesn't resolve the issue with the anti-rootkit driver, the steps to cleanly reinstall are here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x.

More tips are here: How do I activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

Having said that, your system may still have malware remnants or damage from the malware.
Even if you are able to reinstall MBAM, you might want to have an expert assist you with a deeper look at the system.
We can't work on malware diagnostics and removal in this sub-section of the forum.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you might want to please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into the issue.

Thanks,