Startup error missing logupdate@16 om mbamsrv.dll

I allowed MalwareBytes to install the beta of Exploit on my Win7 system. All was well until the beta expired. I uninstalled it and started getting this message on boot up.

post-180092-0-44868000-1419267221_thumb.

I then purchased and installed a Premium version of Exploit - error persists.

I did an mbam-clean and reinstalled MalwareBytes - error persists. 

Anybody have any thoughts on what to do? the programs appear to run ok but the error stops other programs from loading until OK'd.

Thanks,

Paul

post-180092-0-66698000-1419266882_thumb.

Hi:

For Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM), let's start here:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

You mention the "beta of Exploit".

MBAE (Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit) is no longer in beta. :)

So, you might want to uninstall whatever version you have, reboot the computer, and then cleanly reinstall the current version (1.05.1.1016) from >>HERE<<.

If you still have issues with MBAE after that, then I suggest that you might want to start with the posting instructions >>HERE<<, followed by a new post with the requested diagnostic logs in the MBAE support area >>HERE<<.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

I had done all of the things you suggested before I sent this request for help. Attached are the FRST and Addition files. I can't find the CheckResults file.

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

Since then, I uninstalled both programs, ran mbamclean and rebooted. Both error messages persist, even with the programs uninstalled and registry cleaned out.

What now????

Hi:

Thanks for the logs and for the update.

If I understand correctly, you have uninstalled both MBAM and MBAE since you ran FRST for those logs?
(There's no need to run mbam-check for the checkresults.txt log, if you have uninstalled MBAM. For future reference, though, it's generally not necessary to uninstall MBAM before running the mbam-clean removal tool.)

Preliminary review of the logs shows a few things:

• Your OS is installed on a non-default drive (F:\), rather than the standard location (C:\)
  • There are some findings suggestive of possible infection

I don't know if the former is contributing to the problems you're experiencing.
But the latter probably warrants taking a deeper look at the system.

That sort of work cannot be performed here in this section of the forum.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you might want to please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue.

>>If I understand correctly that you have uninstalled MBAM and MBAE since running FRST, you'll want to run it again for a fresh set of logs to attach to your new post in the malware removal section. When you do, please place a check-mark in the "Addition.txt" option before you run FRST again. Then, please include both new logs with your new post in the other forum section.

Thanks,

I went into the startup menu and deleted the references to Malwarebytes and Exploit. Then both error massages went away after reboot. I then reinstalled mbam, rebooted, entered id and code. rebooted. Installed Exploit, did not need to enter id and code since they were still in the registry, rebooted. No error messages. All seems to be well.

I also run Trojan Hunter and Superantispyware. My primary F drive is on an array. C is used for beta testing for Adobe and others and is a standalone drive. I have been using this system for over 10 years with no problems. I think the beta of Exploit was the bad boy here. It did not expire and uninstall properly.

Great!

I'm glad you got it sorted out.

Thanks for letting us know.

Your logs do show quite a few issues (processes and drivers running from your temp folder, services and applications crashing, etc).

It may not be due to malware.

But diagnostics and cleanup work for this cannot be performed here, in this section of the forum.

So, it's up to you, but please feel free to look into some free, expert help, as mentioned in my previous replies.

Thank you again and take care,