sp.exe process hogging a lot of cpu

Hi

I keep seeing a process appearing called Sp.exe in Windows task manager.  It seems to be taking a lot of CPU .

Is it normal or is it something I should be worried about? I normally notice it when my machines seems to be running a little slow, but no other noticeable symptoms.

I have downloaded and run the latest malwarebytes software and database, which just identified several PUPs which I have now quarrantined

Hi:

Please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

It would also be helpful to see the SCAN log you mentioned, with the PUP detections. Instructions for posting the SCAN log (in addition to the other 3 logs) follow below.

Thanks,

-----------------

How to get scan logs:
(Export log to save as a txt file for posting in the forum when requested)

• Open MBAM.
  • Click on the HISTORY tab > APPLICATION LOGS.
  • Double-click on the SCAN LOG which shows the date and time of the scan just performed (or the one you are asked to post).
  • Click EXPORT.
  • Click TEXT FILE (*.txt)
  • In the "Save File" dialog box which appears, click on DESKTOP.
  • In the FILE NAME box, type a name for your scan log.
  • A message box named "File Saved" should appear, stating that "Your file has been successfully exported".
  • Click OK.
  • Attach the saved log to your next reply.