Malwarebytes 'Not Responding' Problem

Hi all. I've been having a bit of trouble lately and hope I can get some help here. I'm using the free version-- 2.0.3.1025. When I click the icon to open MWB, it takes about 30 seconds before the window will open. I click the update, it seems to update ok, and starts a quick scan. After about three and a half minutes, it will scan about 324,000 objects, with nothing detected. Now, within 5 seconds, at the top of the window it says 'not responding, and I get the little windows spinning circle. I leave it alone for about 30 seconds, and the 'not responding' script goes away, and I am able to click on things. Other than this little glitch, my computer seems to work perfectly, with no strange behaviours.  Does it sound like I have some kind of bug in my machine, or maybe just a bit of software glitch?  Thanks for your time.  Rick

Hello and welcome: :)

It's hard to say without more information.
It could be a software conflict, corrupt files, bad disk sectors, malware, hardware problems, etc.

Let's start here, please:

• Please carefully follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

If you do get to step #2, it might help to see an MBAM scan log or 2, as well as the other diagnostic logs.
Instructions for attaching the SCAN logs are below.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
--------------------

How to get scan logs:
(Export log to save as a txt file for posting in the forum when requested)

• Open MBAM.
  • Click on the HISTORY tab > APPLICATION LOGS.
  • Double-click on the SCAN LOG which shows the date and time of the scan just performed (or the one you are asked to post).
  • Click EXPORT.
  • Click TEXT FILE (*.txt)
  • In the "Save File" dialog box which appears, click on DESKTOP.
  • In the FILE NAME box, type a name for your scan log.
  • A message box named "File Saved" should appear, stating that "Your file has been successfully exported".
  • Click OK.
  • Attach the saved log to your next reply.