installing Malwarebytes

Hello,

Ive purchased malwarebytes anti-malware premium from a store and have installed it on one of my computers with the cd, I have another computer I would like to install it on but that computers cd-dvd drive is acting up and not reading the cd, Is there anyway for me to download the program from the website so I could use my activation code instead of paying for another program again?

Hi:

I assume you purchased a consumer, subscription, 3-PC license?

The CD version is probably an outdated version of the program (not just the databases).

So that's not the best way to proceed.
You may wish to start at the appropriate step in the method explained here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x.

(You would skip the part about uninstalling MBAM, as the program is not yet installed on the 2nd computer.)

Essentially you will install MBAM from a downloaded version of the installer and then activate it with the license ID and key that were provided in the box with the software CD (either on a card or on the CD sleeve).

Alternatively there are helpful topics with videos here:
How do I install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?
How do I activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?
How do I obtain my license key or confirmation email?

ALSO, for additional information:
There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF
And there are many useful KB topics and videos at the helpdesk support page

Please let us know if you need more help.

Thanks,

Assuming that the computer on which you are trying to install MBAM is NOT infected.....

Please take your time with the steps, either in the pinned topic or in the KB articles (which include video demos) in my earlier reply.

Either way, you need to SAVE the installer to your desktop and then run it ("Right-click" and then "Run as Administrator" for Vista/7/8) -- you can't run it from temp files in your browser.

If you still have a problem, please post back and we will help you.

Thanks,