Paid for Malwarebytes a year ago, but it says my trial ends in 4 days.

Hi:

If you paid for a valid, legal, 1-PC, lifetime, consumer license a year ago, then you don't need to pay again.

It sounds as if perhaps EITHER you never activated the program with the license ID/key, OR perhaps you might have recently cleanly uninstalled and reinstalled or updated the program, but did not activate again after doing so?

When you open the main program GUI/dashboard, does it say "Free" or "Trial" or "Premium" in the ribbon at the very top???

Options:

1. The license info will be in a confirmation email sent at the time of purchase last year. Use that info to "Activate" the program, as explained here: https://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/hc/en-us/articles/201861536-How-do-I-activate-Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-
  2. If you did not save that email and did not keep a copy, then you can contact the e-commerce partner, cleverbridge. They will look up the license ID/key and send them to you.  Their contact information is here: https://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/hc/en-us/articles/201956473-How-do-I-obtain-my-license-key-or-confirmation-email- or http://www.cleverbridge.com/342/?scope=cuseco
  3. If neither of those options works, please let us know, as there are a couple of other ways to get the license info.

If all else fails, you may wish to start with a clean reinstall, as explained here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

Please let us know how it goes,

It sounds as if perhaps EITHER you never activated the program with the license ID/key, OR perhaps you might have recently cleanly uninstalled and reinstalled or updated the program, but did not activate again after doing so?

I think it's possible that I never activated the program, but I'm not sure because that was a year ago.

When you open the main program GUI/dashboard, does it say "Free" or "Trial" or "Premium" in the ribbon at the very top???

When I open it, it says "Trial."

I'll go through those 3 options. Thanks.

Well, the first step is to locate the email with the license ID/key. :)

If you don't have the confirmation email or a printout of that email, you'll need to contact cleverbridge to get the license info.

This assumes that your original purchase was from the Malwarebytes online store.

If it was from another online vendor (e.g. Newegg), you'll need to contact that vendor to get the info.

If you purchased MBAM in a boxed CD, the license ID and key will be in the box, either on a card or on the CD sleeve.

Once you locate the license ID/key, you just need to "Activate" the program with that information. :)

There's no need to reinstall from the Trial version.

Thanks again,

Okay, update...

I've been emailing cleverbridge, and they just keep on sending a copy and paste email saying that they don't recognize any of my email addresses. This is frustrating because I did get it from the Malwarebytes website. I'm just going to have to switch to a free anti-malware program.

Thanks for helping anyways.

Hi:

Well, if cleverbridge has no record of your purchase, then most likely either you are providing an email address that is NOT the one used for the purchase, or else you didn't purchase from the Malwarebytes online store.

You might want to go back through your email messages from last year to find the confirmation email sent by cleverbridge at the time of purchase.
Perhaps you purchased from Newegg, Amazon or somewhere else?
If that's the case, then you'll need to contact that seller directly.

There are two more options to try.

1. Contact Malwarebytes Customer Service by email >>here<<. They do not normally have access to license info.  But perhaps they can try to help.

2. Try running this tool and see if it can find your license key from your previous/current version of MBAM 1.x PRO.

• However, this will work ONLY if you previously had a valid, licensed version of MBAM Pro version 1.x installed and ACTIVATED on this same machine previously, and if the Windows OS has not been reinstalled on this machine.
  • It will save a text file copy of your license ID/key on your desktop (this is a program written by AdvancedSetup, our forum Admin).
  • Run this: GetMalwarebytesRegistration
  • It is a good idea to then copy this file with the license info from your desktop to a more appropriate location, such as your Documents folder.

If you cannot locate your purchase information, and if cleverbridge or other vendor cannot find your purchase information, and if the registration lookup tool cannot find your information on the computer, then there's really nothing else I can suggest.  Sorry. :(

FWIW, when the MBAM Trial ends, the program will automatically revert to MBAM Free.  You can always upgrade to Premium any time, by activating the program with a valid, purchased license ID and key.

Thank you,