Tranferring Mbam from old pc to another pc

Help! I got a new pc & I don't know how to Transfer my Premium Mbam Acct from my old pc. I found out that you can't Port Programs from one pc to another. What do I need to do? Also since I was unable to transfer my Mbam I started a Temp Mbam acct that has now expired ugh Help :( :( :(:angry: :angry:

Hi:

Yes, you can transfer an MBAM Consumer license from one computer in the household to another computer in the same household.

On the "old" PC, open the dashboard > "My Account" > Deactivate.
That will convert MBAM 2.x Premium on that computer to the Free version.
(Or you can fully uninstall from the "old" computer, if you plan to discard it...)

Then, once you have installed MBAM on the "new" computer, you just need to "Activate" it using the same license ID/key.

If you no longer have the confirmation email with the license ID/Key sent at the time of purchase, you can contact the e-commerce partner, cleverbridge.

They will look it up for you.

Their contact info is here: https://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/hc/en-us/articles/201956473-How-do-I-obtain-my-license-key-or-confirmation-email-

For a 1-PC, lifetime Consumer license, such a license can be activated on only 1 PC at a time.

(For one of the new, subscription Consumer licenses, you can activate on up to 3 PCs in the household at one time, but the transfer process is the same.)

Thanks,

What if my old PC is dead due to hardware problem and thus there is no way to boot into Windows to de-activate my Malwarebyte Premiume 2.0 license.

What is the instruction for moving the license from a dead PC to a new PC?

The reason I posted this question in the forum is because I submitted a support ticket but I have not yet heard from Malwarebyte support.

Thanks.

Hello, @kratos:

If your license is a 1-PC, lifetime license and it is only activated and working on 1 PC, you should be fine. (If the old hard drive gets fixed, and you activate a 1-PC license on 2 different machines, the license could end up being blacklisted.)

If your license is a 3-PC, subscription license and it is only activated and working on no more than 3 PCs in the household, you should be fine.

Thanks,

Hi Daledoc1,

The license I have is a 1-PC lifetime license.

Based on your explanation, as long as no two PCs using the same license are running at the same time, I should be okay.

Is that correct?

If so, I guess I don't need to worry about the dead PC which has no chance of booting into windows again.

Thanks.

Sort of.

It's not a question of running "at the same time" in the literal sense.

It's a question of being activated on 2 computers.

If computer 1 phones home for updates, the servers will "see" that license.

If computer 2 phones home for updates -- whether literally at the same time or not -- the servers will "see" that license on a different computer.

They could detect that the license is in use/activated on more than one computer.

That could lead to blacklisting of the license.

If computer 1's hard drive is permanently damaged and could not ever be used again, then it should be OK to use the license on computer 2.

If computer 1 were ever "resuscitated" to the point that MBAM Premium were up and running again, then it would appear to the servers that the license would be in use on 2 different computers.

Hope this helps,