They should add an option to change back to the old UI

ichigo1000

I my opinion, the new Malwarebytes UI looks bad and unprofessional. It looks like one of those fake antiviruses. They should really make an option to switch back to the old UI look, because it looks way cleaner and more professional. The new pop-ups also look too colorful, which makes it look fake. I like the old popups way better because it looks more plain and cleaner. 

Hi:

Welcome. :)

Thanks for the feedback.

The new UI/UX have elicited strong responses, both positive and negative.
It's not that bad, when you get to know it.
More importantly, 2.0 is better under the hood.
The reasons to use the newer version include: it has built-in rootkit scanning (1.75 does not); it has a new text parsing engine to address special threats targeted by using configuration files (1.75 does not); and it has built-in Self Protection (1.75 does not). It can also detect and remove some threats that 1.75 cannot because it offers native 64-bit support for 64-bit systems (1.75 does not).

ALSO, for additional information:
There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF
And there are many useful KB topics and videos at the helpdesk support page

Cheers,

P.S. FWIW, for proper attention by the dev team, here is the Comments/Suggestions board which might be a better place for your feedback. ;)

Hi:

Welcome. :)

Thanks for the feedback.

The new UI/UX have elicited strong responses, both positive and negative.

It's not that bad, when you get to know it.

More importantly, 2.0 is better under the hood.

The reasons to use the newer version include: it has built-in rootkit scanning (1.75 does not); it has a new text parsing engine to address special threats targeted by using configuration files (1.75 does not); and it has built-in Self Protection (1.75 does not). It can also detect and remove some threats that 1.75 cannot because it offers native 64-bit support for 64-bit systems (1.75 does not).

ALSO, for additional information:

There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF

And there are many useful KB topics and videos at the helpdesk support page

Cheers,

P.S. FWIW, for proper attention by the dev team, here is the Comments/Suggestions board which might be a better place for your feedback. ;)

I know 2.0 is better feature-wise, but the UI looks too, you know, fakey. It looks more like those billions of fake antiviruses out there. It would be really nice if they can implement an option to switch back to the old UI with the existing features in 2.0.

I hear ya'.

We have been told that there will be many tweaks to the UI/IX with future releases.

I don't know that a return to the old UI will be feasible at this late juncture.

But one never knows....

For proper attention by the dev team, though, here is the Comments/Suggestions board which might be a better place for your feedback. ;)

Thanks!