Moving MBEE to another server

I backed-up my existing MBEE server using the "Data Backup and Restoration" utility.

I installed MBEE server on another W2K8 machine.

I restored the backup onto the new machine.

I received a warning about the IP address not matching.

I entered the local IP address in the Server Configuration utility.

I cannot login to the console using either the default password or the password used on the previous server.

Hi Mike and welcome to the forums.

I would like to create a support ticket for you so that I can collect some server logs privately. Collecting the logs will help me see what the issue is when trying to login in. If you could send me your email address in a private message, I will get a ticket open for us as soon as possible.

Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike and welcome to the forums.

I would like to create a support ticket for you so that I can collect some server logs privately. Collecting the logs will help me see what the issue is when trying to login in. If you could send me your email address in a private message, I will get a ticket open for us as soon as possible.

Thank you. 

Jake,

Can you please post how to go about this. We need to move MBAM Enterprise from an overburned 2008 box to a VM to free up resourses for some apps we cannont move. One of my main concerns is that the clients will not report to the server.

Or can we just uninstall on the old server, install on the new server, have it do a network scan, will it find all the clients and everthing will be happy?

Thank you,

Hi mahhn,

Not a problem, you can create and submit a support ticket here http://www.malwarebytes.org/support/business/contact/

If you are not worried about carrying data over, there is no problem with uninstalling the server, and installing on new hardware and starting over. As long as all your client can communicate with the new server, you will not have any issues getting setup.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,