no browser network access after running Malwarebytes

seismic

Earlier this evening I ran malwarebytes free on my Win7 64-bit system. Malwarebytes detected 8 objects and quarantined them. After rebooting the system, I had no internet access from my browser although I was able to ping the router. My computer is connected via a wired Ethernet. I checked other machines in the house which were using wireless connections via the same router, and they are accessing the internet ok. When I ran Malwarebytes I had internet access, because it managed to download the latest definitions file.

I am creating this new topic from another machine.

I have attached the Malwarebytes log, the attach.txt and the dds.txt files

mbam-log-2013-12-09 (21-25-34).txt

attach.txt

dds.txt

I managed to get the computer working on the internet by changing the IP address of my DNS server from the current setting of 127.0.0.1. My main concern was the pup.optional.penwes.a software which Malwarebytes quarantined. I have hunted around on the internet, and it seems to be a fairly benign content-filter. I would just like to know whether this is in fact true.

:welcome:

Best I can find in English are these:

http://processes.glarysoft.com/PenwesService.exe/20595/

http://www.freefixer.com/library/file/penwesservice.exe-101987/
Comments

It's quite suspicious as when I turn off the PenWesService.exe my connection gets weird: I can't browse any webpage anymore. Just turning it back on, and everythig gets fine again.

Does that answer your questions?