Got a Trojan while running an AV program exe file

vanh14

I was trying to install an AV programe and Malwarebyte dectected Trojan from it. This is the log file. Please help to see whether this is a misunderstanding by Malwarebyte of the exe. file of an AV.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (PRO) 1.70.0.1100

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.01.26.06

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

TRAN VIET ANH :: TRANVIETANH-PC [administrator]

Protection: Enabled

1/27/2013 3:12:37 PM

MBAM-log-2013-01-27 (15-13-45).txt

Scan type: Custom scan (C:\Users\TRAN VIET ANH\Desktop\BHome3884.exe|)

Scan options enabled: File System | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM

Scan options disabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | Heuristics/Extra | P2P

Objects scanned: 1

Time elapsed: 2 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 1

C:\Users\TRAN VIET ANH\Desktop\BHome3884.exe (Trojan.Fakeav.BK) -> No action taken.

(end)

Thanks and waiting for help!

:welcome: I am TheDarkKnight and will be assisting you. Please ask questions if anything is unclear. :)

What is the name of the antivirus program you are trying to install?

I have never heard of this file, and there is almost nothing on Google about it. It doesn't sound like an effective or legitimate antivirus program.

Good morning vanh14,

I will run it by the Malwarebytes team and see if they think it is a false positive.

In the interim might I suggest some other antivirus programs that are considered to be out of the most effective out right now?

AntiVir.

avast!.

Microsoft Security Essentials.

=====

Also, please go to http://www.virustotal.com, click on Choose File, and upload the following file for analysis: You will only be able to have one file scanned at a time.

C:\Users\TRAN VIET ANH\Desktop\BHome3884.exe

Then click Scan It!. Allow the file to be scanned, and then please copy/paste the results here for me to see.

Note: If a message appears saying the file has already been analysed, please resend the file.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!