Did you know about 1dollar.wav?

panda6024

• 3 months later...

I saw some article of 1dollar.wav. but I'm not sure is this is a virus.

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/1dollar.wav#topbar

Look at your Link and you'll instantly see what's wrong with it. It's from Creepypasta, made to scare the reader.

Though the file "1dollar.wav" does exist, and it has malicious code in it, no old hag will chase you and steal your computer to replace it with a 1 Dollar Bill. That's nonsense. I still have this File (I actually take the risk to gather almost all files mentioned in creepypastas) and it does replace any Icons and Names of files, but only as long as they are accessible by the Administrator. (So in Windows 7, no System-Files are infected after getting the file).

• 2 years later...

Look at your Link and you'll instantly see what's wrong with it. It's from Creepypasta, made to scare the reader.

Though the file "1dollar.wav" does exist, and it has malicious code in it, no old hag will chase you and steal your computer to replace it with a 1 Dollar Bill. That's nonsense. I still have this File (I actually take the risk to gather almost all files mentioned in creepypastas) and it does replace any Icons and Names of files, but only as long as they are accessible by the Administrator. (So in Windows 7, no System-Files are infected after getting the file).

I'm actually the author of that story, and this is also false. The file isn't a virus at all, but merely a distorted audio clip. I never put it up for download, either. I only ever put the .ogg version on Creepypasta Wiki, which doesn't allow you to download it. Ergo, there is no way you could have obtained the file. And even if you did, then if the story is to be believed (which it isn't), the protagonist disinfected the file before putting it online.

Tl;dr version: you're a liar.