Hello,

For past 1 day, my Laptop (Lenovo R400) has developed some problem and windows (XP) does not load properly. I am using the Symantec anti virus which is quite uptodate. However I use Torrents from time to time.

It becomes dead slow and even the start up programs dont load even in hours.

Once these are loaded, the actions are too slow and the desktop remain almost frozen.

In the starting few times , I received errors on "saving the data.. I/O error " and "not able to load svhost.exe".

I saved one of the messages ("The instruction at "0x722d742e" referenced memory at "0x722d742e". The required data was not placed into memory because of I/O error status of "0x000009c". Click OK to terminate the program")

There were some similar messages at other times with some different error codes but I could not save those messages.

I have been able to start the comp in safe mode (including networking). Some of the applications are showing error message in the safe mode . When I try to access the restore points, it pops a message that the application has some problem and cant be started.

Kindly help.

Niraj Agarwal