Wont let me do a system restore

Holiday24

Hello,

I've been directed to this forum for your help.

I've had to run my computer in safe mode because when I start up my pc it goes to a black screen.

I've had cyber defender work on my computer for days and they could not fix it. I've since done my research and dropped cyber defender (all this started after I started using CD).

The last thing they told me to do was a system restore. Well I wanted to save all my pics first before doing this. I have since done that and then tried to do a system restore.

When I click on system restore it says it needs to be turned on. When I go to where it says I can turn it on , there is nothing there to actually turn on.

Please help me, Im tired of having to run my pc in safe mode.

Hello,

I've been directed to this forum for your help.

I've had to run my computer in safe mode because when I start up my pc it goes to a black screen.

I've had cyber defender work on my computer for days and they could not fix it. I've since done my research and dropped cyber defender (all this started after I started using CD).

The last thing they told me to do was a system restore. Well I wanted to save all my pics first before doing this. I have since done that and then tried to do a system restore.

When I click on system restore it says it needs to be turned on. When I go to where it says I can turn it on , there is nothing there to actually turn on.

Please help me, Im tired of having to run my pc in safe mode.

Boot up in safe mode, go to start ->run->msconfig

Choose the genreal tab, from here you can choose system restore, it shouldgive you a calendar of dates to chhose from.

Hope this helps

Boot up in safe mode, go to start ->run->msconfig

Choose the genreal tab, from here you can choose system restore, it shouldgive you a calendar of dates to chhose from.

Hope this helps

Ok I've done that and a pop up comes up and says that system protection is turned off. Gives me a link to turn it on. When I go to where the link takes me and do what it says, there is no where to turn system protection back on.

I've gotten to this point before, but cannot figure out how to turn the system protection back on.

Hello Holiday24:

None of my links will lead to any download, the first link is a referring to the procedure in general where and how to start a topic if one is infected, the second one is the email address to contact support in case you have registered version!

Hello Holiday24:

None of my links will lead to any download, the first link is a referring to the procedure in general where and how to start a topic if one is infected, the second one is the email address to contact support in case you have registered version!

Hello and welcome to Malwarebytes

Please print this topic and follow these basic steps first before posting any logs.

Our program, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware can detect and remove most Malware with no further actions required for free.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

Where is says please down load Malwarebytes- Thats the link I clicked on and it tried to DL it, but wouldn't.

I don't have a registered version of anything..lol

Hello Holiday24:

That link is working for me, as an alternate you may download it from here and see if you have any success. Are you downloading it on the PC where you are attempting system restore? Try downloading it from some other system and transfer the downloaded file via USB, most likely due to infection your download is blocked or if you are connected via router then it is compromised!

Anyway start your new topic in HijackThis log area and post problem there instead of PC Help, someone will help you there