Dang, They Got Me!

Good to hear they're nothing to be concerned about B)

I was able to connect to Windows Update and got caught up -- whew! I suspect there was a bad WU that left me open to exploitation and I missed updates from then on ... lesson learned the hard way

I've been cleaning up the effects of infection/removal. The remaining issue I've got is that the autorun on my cd/dvd drive is missing -- any ideas on how to fix? (a few days ago the drive was 'gone' altogether, so at least it's 'back' and accessible, etc.)

Thanks for your help on this -- Do donations go directly to you?

The remaining issue I've got is that the autorun on my cd/dvd drive is missing -- any ideas on how to fix?
Did you try to right click the drive > Properties > Autoplay tab and Reset Defaults? If not, please try that and let me know what happens.
Thanks for your help on this -- Do donations go directly to you?
Yes, all experts on this forum are volunteers that help out in their own time and we work so-to-say independent from each other. Those that work for Malwarebytes have this clearly stated in their signature.

I hope this answers your questions. B)