BitMiner, Ping.exe , Alureon and a whole lotta frustration

Wow this has just been crazy. It started with Protect.exe and has spiraled into quite the adventure. For example I couldn't even open the dds.scr URL on the infected system. Running MWB Pro, which finds something new all the time (most often BitMiner sitting in Windows\assembly\temp\kwrd.dll) as does MS Security Essentials (Win32/Trafog!rts, Win32/Alureon.EO, Alureon.EN). Ran TDSS Killer which found something that I deleted, ran Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 which found a bevy of crap that I deleted (have a report if it will help). My Hosts file is absolutely filled with IPs, running MWB Pro protection continues to detect and stop(?) ping.exe from doing whatever it's doing. Finally Content.IE5 folder in the SysWOW directory is running rampant. I watch files, pics, webpages load and fill a bunch of folders. MWB find and removes the baddies but they continue to come back.

UGH. This is as fascinating as it is terrible.

Appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Troll

Attach.txt

DDS.txt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!