ping.exe keeps popping up in task manager and using all resources

Hi thank you for reading this. A couple days ago I had a virus problem but I got it all cleaned up with malwarebytes and AVG. But only one problem remains and so far I have used malwarebytes, AVG, and spybot S&D but all scans came up clean.

In my task manager this program called ping.exe keeps popping up when I terminate it. And it just keeps taking up all my resources with no end. When I terminate it it just comes back a few minutes later and starts around 6k kb usage then scales up until my computer is using 100% usage. Even when I suspend it it still keeps going. Please help.

Its not letting me post the DDS and attach on here

Can I get some help plz, don't ignore me.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4

Scan saved at 5:09:39 PM, on 11/10/2011

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG2012\avgrsx.exe

C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgcsrvx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgwdsvc.exe

C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\AVGIDSAgent.exe

C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgnsx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE

C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgtray.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\x\Desktop\procexp.exe

C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\ping.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://search.live.com/sphome.aspx

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = https://register.perfectworld.com/register

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll

O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgssie.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [soundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RunDLL32.exe NvMCTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit -login

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nView\nwiz.exe /installquiet

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_TRAY] "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgtray.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [AvgUninstallURL] cmd.exe /c start http://www.avg.com/ww.special-uninstallation-feedback-appf?lic=NFVXV1UtV0JEWEMtVllGTjMtUURKTUgtNDJBT0EtSzZIVTk"&"inst=NzctODQ2Mzc0NjQyLVNUMTJGT0krMS1ERFQrMC1FVUxBKzEtU1QxMkZBUFArMQ"&"prod=90"&"ver=2012.0.1831"&"mid=7de10b3e2cd847d1a8c1d15d6c58fa84-ad1491be2ce6c122f6b66faa90e70c2decf7d34c

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools Lite] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -autorun

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [bitTorrent] "C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Messenger (Yahoo!)] "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RegistryBooster] "C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster\launcher.exe" delay 20000

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office14\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O8 - Extra context menu item: Se&nd to OneNote - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office14\ONBttnIE.dll/105

O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Se&nd to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra button: PalTalk - {4EAFEF58-EEFA-4116-983D-03B49BCBFFFE} - C:\Program Files\Paltalk Messenger\Paltalk.exe

O9 - Extra button: OneNote Lin&ked Notes - {789FE86F-6FC4-46A1-9849-EDE0DB0C95CA} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIELinkedNotes.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: OneNote Lin&ked Notes - {789FE86F-6FC4-46A1-9849-EDE0DB0C95CA} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIELinkedNotes.dll

i am so sick of this computer i am about to smash it i could be doing better things like going to play basketball or some stuff this is f*king bs to have to put up with this and i cant find out how to solve this problem anywhere and I dont have the windows cd to reinstall ping.exe or whatever it is and no detectors whatsoever can detect the problem cause i think it changed the file itself and this website is stuff it wont even let me attach the files and i followed the instructions perfectly yet others can attach files it looks like i have no idea what i am doing wrong and thisis bullshit, maybe this ping.exe is happening for a reason because it's like a metaphor for my life when I don't take my medication i get worse and worse until my graphic card overheats and explodes then it resets all over again this is some bullshit help a brotha out

i can see u are desperate here

I had the same ping.exe issue but managed to solve it, or so i hope

u can view my thread here: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=99080&st=0&gopid=491453entry491453

im still waiting for someone to check for any further infection

I do not know how u can fix the ping.exe issue

BUT a TEMPORARY fix, assuming u are on win7, is to go to task manager => performance => resource manager and SUSPEND ping.exe

there is no point terminating it as it will reappear soon after

hope u can find an actual solution soon

good luck

• Staff

Everyone who is not Ihatepingexe, please start your own topic and you will receive assistance.

Ihatepingexe,

Bumping your topic makes it seem like you are already being helped, and as you've noticed, you were overlooked because of it. Do not be rude to us. We're just trying to help, but help us help you.

Please update MBAM, run a Quick Scan, and post its log.

Next, download DDS by sUBs and save it to your Desktop.

Double-click on the DDS icon and let the scan run. When it has run two logs will be produced, please post only DDS.txt directly into your reply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!