A problem with run audio files at a website

cooperator

Hi everyone,

As you see in the picture which is available down that I whenever open the the player online at a web-site I find the player doesn't run altough I installed Real Player. I want to donwload it with IDM but unfortunately there isn't any icon appearing for the IDM on that page on which I captured that image that is shown down

hhhmh.png

And I have tried oponing another audio as this picture which is available down explain that

hhhbt.png

But also it makes no difference.

incidentally, this is the website at which I have a probem with run the audio poems

[http://www.poetryarchive.org/childrensarchive/home.do]

I would highly appreciate it if you could help me by this one.

Hi everyone,

As you see in the picture which is available down that I whenever open the the player online at a web-site I find the player doesn't run altough I installed Real Player. I want to donwload it with IDM but unfortunately there isn't any icon appearing for the IDM on that page on which I captured that image that is shown down

hhhu.png

And I have tried oponing another audio as this picture which is available down explain that

But also it makes no difference.

hhhhk.png

incidentally, this is the website at which I have a probem with run the audio poems

http://www.poetryarc...rchive/home.do

And I use the windows 7 and IE 8

I would highly appreciate it if you could help me by this one.

The player requires Flash Player. Do you have an up-to-date version of Flash Player?

You can check your version on this page, and also see which is the latest version:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

The player requires Flash Player. Do you have an up-to-date version of Flash Player?

You can check your version on this page, and also see which is the latest version:

Thank you so much indeed, I fairly agree with you,however, there is still something strange which is that if I don't have an up-to-date version of Flash Player, then how can I run the video movies on the Youtube. Incidentally, I have an up-to-date version of Flash Player . As a result, I think that there is another problem.

have you had a look at pictures which I Pasted with the thread?

Well, sometimes certain files work with an older version, but others require an up-to-date version, so it's good to check the version first if Flash content doesn't work :)

Yes, I did take a look at your images that you have posted, and have also visited the website to check it out. This is why I know that Flash Player is required.

It appears that something is blocking the player from fully loading, because the name of the file is also missing in your images (see my screenshot with fully loaded player).

Are you using any software that might block it?

post-23974-0-99544800-1320909841.jpg

Well, sometimes certain files work with an older version, but others require an up-to-date version, so it's good to check the version first if Flash content doesn't work :)

Yes, I did take a look at your images that you have posted, and have also visited the website to check it out. This is why I know that Flash Player is required.

It appears that something is blocking the player from fully loading, because the name of the file is also missing in your images (see my screenshot with fully loaded player).

Are you using any software that might block it?

Thank you so much, I would like to inquire you about these points:

First: I have tired oponing another poetry and it makes no difference, have a look at this :

hhhhh.png

Second: How can I check if my Flash Player is up-to-date?

Third: I don't have any programme that can block the player from fully loading, but maybe the name of the file is missing in my images because I made cutting for the screenshot, however, if there any programme that can block the player from loading I think that there was supposed to show an error message for me .

Finally, Please confirm if player run with you.

I did check the page (Aubade) that you have posted, too. The player works for me.

To check if your Flash Player is up-to-date, visit:

You should see there a box with the title Version Information, which tells you your version of Flash Player installed.

The current version for Internet Explorer is 11.0.1.152.

In order to listen to the files, you need Flash Player and enable javascript.

I'm off to work now and can't stay with you, but I hope that someone will be able to help you further, good luck :)

I did check the page (Aubade) that you have posted, too. The player works for me.

To check if your Flash Player is up-to-date, visit:

You should see there a box with the title Version Information, which tells you your version of Flash Player installed.

The current version for Internet Explorer is 11.0.1.152.

In order to listen to the files, you need Flash Player and enable javascript.

I'm off to work now and can't stay with you, but I hope that someone will be able to help you further, good luck :)

Thank you very much,

As I have the latest verstion of FlashPlayer as it is shown at this picture: please have a look at this picture

hhhhhhhc.png

How can I enable enable javascript?

And if it is enabled, then what is the problem?

I have noticed from your screenshots that you have tried IE and Firefox both without success.

What firewall are you using?

I've found out that the flash content on that website is using RTMP/E protocol instead of HTTP protocol, and according to Adobe, some firewalls reject traffic that doesn't use HTTP protocol, unless you make a specific configuration.

I have noticed from your screenshots that you have tried IE and Firefox both without success.

I've found out that the flash content on that website is using RTMP/E protocol instead of HTTP protocol, and according to Adobe, some firewalls reject traffic that doesn't use HTTP protocol, unless you make a specific configuration.

I appreciate your help and thank you very much.

Are you meaning with a firewall is Antivirus Programme? For instance, Norton Internet Security, etc. if so I have Norton Internet Security .

Incidently, I am using a connection of internet via a proxy server. Even if there anything blocking the player from loading I think there should be an error message.

Did you have a look at my picture about the latest version of FlashPlayer and found out that my FlashPlayer is up-to date?

Firewall and antivirus program are not the same, but in Norton Internet Security both are included.

Yes, I've noticed that you have an up-to-date Flash Player.

From what I've found out, in order to be able to stream Flash content with RTMP protocol, the following port should not be blocked by your firewall:

TCP 1935 - rtmp (Real Time Messaging Protocol)

Are you using a web based proxy? If so, then this could be cause.

Firewall and antivirus program are not the same, but in Norton Internet Security both are included.

Yes, I've noticed that you have an up-to-date Flash Player.

From what I've found out, in order to be able to stream Flash content with RTMP protocol, the following port should not be blocked by your firewall:

TCP 1935 - rtmp (Real Time Messaging Protocol)

Are you using a web based proxy? If so, then this could be cause.

Thank you so much indeed, yes I access to the internet via a proxy server, however,if it sounds as my proxy server might be causing the problem, then I think there sholud be an error message.

Incidentally, where can I configure what you have mentioned to (TCP 1935 - rtmp (Real Time Messaging Protocol)?

According to a post by Adobe, proxies won't re-route non-HTTP (in this case RMTP) traffic, so using a proxy server might be the cause indeed.

Maybe someone else has an idea for you though.

According to a post by Adobe, proxies won't re-route non-HTTP (in this case RMTP) traffic, so using a proxy server might be the cause indeed.

Maybe someone else has an idea for you though.

I am still don't understand what you mean with"According to a post by Adobe"? Did you notice anything in the screenshot of the FalshPlayer which I posted to you.Because I didn't notice anything at it.

And what do you mean"TCP 1935 - rtmp (Real Time Messaging Protocol" isn't it at this piture down:

tcp.png

Finally: Why the proxy server only did a problem with this player on that web-site?

I hope you understand my situation.

mystery : "According to a post by Adobe, proxies won't re-route non-HTTP (in this case RMTP) traffic, so using a proxy server might be the cause indeed.

Maybe someone else has an idea for you though."

what he means by this is : when you use a "proxy server" it does not always put all the information through that you send .

the reverse of this is true : information sent to a "proxy server" to be sent to you may not send all the information to you .

an example of this is if i were to hire you to carry a bag of seeds that was a mixture of corn , wheat , rice and millet ... you have instructions to pass the bag to an other person .

you also have instructions to not pass millet seeds on to anybody for any reason ... you filter out the millet seeds and then pass the remaining seeds on to the person as you were instructed to do .

the person that you handed the bag of seeds to then asks you to take a new bag of seeds back to me ... because you were instructed "no millet seeds" you pick out the millet seeds before delivering the bag to me .

a way to test this would be to not use a proxy server .

however ... it may be that your ISP does not pass RMTP .

also , certain countries have "rules" about what can and cannot happen (what information can and cannot be passed).

in another forum i belong to , some of our members cannot access some of the website addresses that are posted , the rest of us can access them with no problems .

these addresses are "blocked" by the country (aka : government) the member lives in .

mystery : "According to a post by Adobe, proxies won't re-route non-HTTP (in this case RMTP) traffic, so using a proxy server might be the cause indeed.

Maybe someone else has an idea for you though."

what he means by this is : when you use a "proxy server" it does not always put all the information through that you send .

the reverse of this is true : information sent to a "proxy server" to be sent to you may not send all the information to you .

an example of this is if i were to hire you to carry a bag of seeds that was a mixture of corn , wheat , rice and millet ... you have instructions to pass the bag to an other person .

you also have instructions to not pass millet seeds on to anybody for any reason ... you filter out the millet seeds and then pass the remaining seeds on to the person as you were instructed to do .

the person that you handed the bag of seeds to then asks you to take a new bag of seeds back to me ... because you were instructed "no millet seeds" you pick out the millet seeds before delivering the bag to me .

a way to test this would be to not use a proxy server .

however ... it may be that your ISP does not pass RMTP .

also , certain countries have "rules" about what can and cannot happen (what information can and cannot be passed).

in another forum i belong to , some of our members cannot access some of the website addresses that are posted , the rest of us can access them with no problems .

these addresses are "blocked" by the country (aka : government) the member lives in .

Thanks a lot,incidentally, I access to the internet via a proxy server(a broadband connection) . However, it does not sound as if my proxy server might be causing the problem. because I think if my proxy server causes that problem there should be an error message . This is the first problem I faced.

• 1 month later...

I hope you reply me the problem has been going on, I have tried uninstall Norton Internet Security. And The firewall of Windows has become controling with its own. But could you possibly tell me what I can configure in it? :)

I hope you reply me the problem has been going on, I have tried uninstall Norton Internet Security. And The firewall of Windows has become controling with its own. But could you possibly tell me what I can configure in it? :)

If I have tried chating a representative on the web-site of NIS. Would it be all right? But I don't exactly know what the port needs to be open, so I will tell them to connect to my computer during the remote connection.

First: I have chated a representative at Norton and he helped me to configure "the Smart Firewall" in the NIS as follows:

first, I open the "smart firewall" option in the NIS. Then: I choose the "configure" option that is beside advance settings . After that, I have choose"configure" option which is beside the General Rules. Next, inside the window of general rules I choosed "add"button. Finally: I have added the URL at which the sounds files didn't play well with me. But that did make no diffrence.

Second:I have uninstalled the Norton Internet Security( incidentally from the Contrlo panel) when I suspected that it might be causing the problem. However, I didn't see any difference when I open the sounds files again

Finall: I have been told that in order to be able to stream Flash content with RTMP protocol, the following port should not be blocked by your firewall:TCP 1935 - rtmp (Real Time Messaging Protocol). However, I dinn't see the TCP 1935 to make it is not blocked, have a look at these pictures

Firwallinnorton.png

Firwallinnorton1.png

When the representative of Norton he helped me to removed the NIS and the firewall of Windows has become controling on its won.I asked him to configure the firewall he told me that is he is not trained with this and in addition,

1-The error might be due to the browser compatibility with the website.

2-The error would be with the player or the file association of the audio files in the website.

As a result, Please tell me how can I configure the firewall?

Finally: How can I enable the Javascript? Is it in the Browser's settings?