MBAM v1.33 Crashes During Full System Scan

Hey guys,

I just tried to run a Full System Scan(FSS), twice, and MBAM got stuck and crashed twice. The Quick System Scan is ok, and I also tried to run FSS in safe mode. There its ok.

Now before the upgrade I did not have any issues. Its getting stuck when it scans the Norton files. Before the upgrade there was no problem. I disabled Norton and tried again, but got stuck and crashed again.

I also, uninstalled and installed again. I run Vista 32.

I would appreciate our help, since I know that running MBAM in Safe Mode is not a solution. By the way I have got the MBAM Pro version.

Thanks in advance.

TrDo.

• 2 weeks later...

GT500:

Brazilians users have reported the same freezing in full scans:

http://www.linhadefensiva.org/forum/index....showtopic=89105

The topic you refer only works with 1.32 version, not with 1.33.

If you try what is described in the topic, appears the mesage:

"The database that you're using its not supported in this version. Download and install the lastest version"

I would appreciate some kind of reply. I know other people face the same issue as me. Einstein's is correct. The debug won't work in v1.33.

Some kind of info of what the MBAM team is doing to fix the problem would be apeciated.

Thanks.

TrDo.

The problem still continues..I cannot run a Full System Scan. Only Quick Scan. Please provide solution or a workaround. We have to have a Full system Scan Capability with MBAM.

You do not actually need the full scan. It's rare for the Quick Scan to miss anything that the full scan will find, due to the way our heuristics work. The full scan is almost never needed.

The topic you refer only works with 1.32 version, not with 1.33.

It has been updated for 1.33, so please try again.

You do not actually need the full scan. It's rare for the Quick Scan to miss anything that the full scan will find, due to the way our heuristics work. The full scan is almost never needed.

It has been updated for 1.33, so please try again.

after downloading v1.33 my system crashes on both full scans and quick scans.

• Root Admin
after downloading v1.33 my system crashes on both full scans and quick scans.

Are you sure your system is not infected already? You may want to review this information if you're not certain your box is clean.

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes.org

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?

2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.

• Please do not post any logs in the General forum. We do not work on any logs posted in the General forum.

• Please do not install any software or use any removal/scanning tool except for those you're requested to run by the Helper that will assist you.

• Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.

• If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet then you should not post a new log here, you should stay working with the Helper from that site until the issue is resolved.

• Do not assume you're clean because you don't see something in the logs. Please wait until the person assisting you provides feedback.

• There are often many others that require asistance as well, so please be patient. If no one has responded within 48 hours then please go ahead and post a request for review

• NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.