Poor performance after removing "System Security 2012" malware (Please delete my earlier thread of the same name)

Eturnle

Hi,

I was somehow infected with the "System Security 2012" virus last night. I say "somehow" because firefox was literally the only program running on my computer at the time, on a perfectly safe site. I went out and when I returned an hour or so later, I had the "Privacy Protection" fake anti malware program running which then led to SS 2012 being installed. After several hours of working with it, MBAM has finally removed all instances of the problem that it can detect (was around 2000 or so), however I am still getting very slow performance from my PC, and seem to have quite a few more processes running in the task manager than before. I have run TDSSKiller, which found 1 problem and removed it, as well ass DDS and GMER, the logs for which I will post below. I did force quit several processes in the task manager, simply because they were hogging memory/cpu usage which made it very hard to get anything running on my computer. If the logs included here are not conclusive, I will happily do a fresh restart and post the full logs with no processes manually terminated. Just for reference, the processes that were causing the most trouble were PING.EXE and an instance of svchost. Thank you all very much for any help! (Please delete my other topic with the same name. The files did not upload with my post and the guidelines suggest against posting in your own thread within 48hrs so I am making a new one)

Bumping in hopes of getting a reply.

Documents.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!