MBA-M should run in NORMAL mode...correct?

Have had this question from others before, shouldn't MBA-M be run in safe mode as often is the case with other removers?

I KNOW I saw someplace on this forum that MBA-M is built to run in NORMAL mode but I have searched High and Low and cannot find the answer.

Could somebody give me the definitive answer and where I can actually go to find this rule so that I can direct others to the same link?

Thanks!

Never run MBAM is Safe Mode. It will cripple it's detection and removal capabilities.

I believe this should be noted in the tool instructions. I didn't know this until I read it here, someplace, I cannot find the original note about this. But have passed this info on now many times. But this should be included in the installation and running instructions.

• Root Admin

Different helpers post a little different instructions but it's posted all over the board to run in Normal Mode

Here is what I typically post on how to use it.

Update and Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Start MalwareBytes AntiMalware (Vista users must Right click and choose RunAs Admin)
  • Please DO NOT run MBAM in Safe Mode unless requested to, you MUST run it in normal Windows mode.
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Select the Update tab
    • Click Update

[*]When the update is complete, select the Scanner tab

[*]Select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.

[*]When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

[*]Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

[*]When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply

• If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

Then RESTART the computer and AFTER the reboot run HJT Do a system scan and save a logfile

The post back NEW MBAM and HJT logs in that order please.

And here is what I typically post for new users looking for help.

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?

Someone will be happy to assist you further with cleaning your system if required

During this scan and cleanup process you should not install any other software unless requested to do so.

Thank you so much. I am a helper as several different forums and always request the poster use MBA-M. I had begun to add the Restart request after running because so many folks would run the program, not look at anything and save the log, ignoring the Delete on Reboot notation on so many items. If it is ok with you may I also add the do not run in safe mode portion of your instructions?

Judy