Possible Conflict

Hi there;

This is my first post.

I searched but could not find a question similar to mine.

I have been using MSE (Microsoft Security Enterprise)for a few months which is a free progra

I am using MalwareBytes (Paid Version) and wonder if there is conflict with MSE.

The fact that I use Malwarebytes, do I still need a program like MSE or any other E.G. AVG to protect my PC completely.

Your advice appreciated.

By the way my PC knowledge is somewhat limited so please be patient with me..

Hello and welcome to MBAM, karten123:

Yes, you DO need to run a robust antivirus (AV) program on your computer, even if you are using MBAM PRO.

MBAM is more of an anti-malware program designed to provided layered protection alongside a standard AV.

By MSE, I assume you are referring to Microsoft Security Essentials?

If so, MSE is one of several good free AV programs.

I don't use it myself, but many folks here do.

Other free or paid AV programs will also work fine (so long as you only run ONE of them).

In order to optimize performance and minimize possible conflicts, it is helpful to set the reciprocal permissions and exclusions between MSE and MBAM.

Step-by-step instructions for how to do that may be found in the FAQ - Section I.

If you need help with this, please post back, and someone will be happy to assist you.

Hope this helps a bit,

daledoc1

Hello and welcome to MBAM, karten123:

Yes, you DO need to run a robust antivirus (AV) program on your computer, even if you are using MBAM PRO.

MBAM is more of an anti-malware program designed to provided layered protection alongside a standard AV.

By MSE, I assume you are referring to Microsoft Security Essentials?

If so, MSE is one of several good free AV programs.

I don't use it myself, but many folks here do.

Other free or paid AV programs will also work fine (so long as you only run ONE of them).

In order to optimize performance and minimize possible conflicts, it is helpful to set the reciprocal permissions and exclusions between MSE and MBAM.

Step-by-step instructions for how to do that may be found in the FAQ - Section I.

If you need help with this, please post back, and someone will be happy to assist you.

Hope this helps a bit,

daledoc1

Hi Datedoc1

Your response very much appreciated. Successfully carried out instructions as mentioned in FAQ - SectionI which refers to MSE which is the AV program that I use.

Having completed the task must admit not quote sure what to expect t/after. Can I assume that optimization is now complete and all is well??

Thanks

Hi, karten123:

Thanks for the update.

So long as both MSE and MBAM are updating/scanning/working correctly without crashes or slow-downs or stalled scans, then you should be fine. :)

Since you are using MBAM PRO, you might find the Scheduler Tutorial in the FAQ - Section O helpful.

Feel free to post back if you need anything else.

Best regards,

daledoc1