Internet Security Programs

Hi there;

This is my first post.

I searched but could not find a question similar to mine.

I have been using AVG Internet Security for several years, PAID VERSION.

I somehow got infected with malware and I ran AVG several times and not help.

I downloaded the free version of Malwarebytes and they got rid of everything,

If I buy the Pro version of Malwarebytes would I still need a program like AVG or

Norton or Kaspersky to protect my computer or would I be protected completely with

MALWAREBYTES?

Thanks for your help

JWU

PS; I run windows 7

Hello and welcome to MBAM, jwu:

Glad to hear that MBAM was able to clean your computer. Investing in the very reasonable LIFETIME consumer license for the PRO version would be a good idea.

To answer your question: MBAM -- as wonderful and powerful as it is -- is not an antivirus (AV). It is designed to provide layered protection alongside a standard robust AV. So, it would not be sufficient to run only MBAM, even the PRO version.

For optimal security, it is important to keep both your AV and MBAM up to date, and to follow the suggestions in this excellent tutorial.

In order to permit MBAM PRO and AVG to run smoothly together, it is generally helpful to be sure that the reciprocal permissions and exclusions are set up.

Instructions how to do that may be found in the FAQ - Section H, or post back and someone will assist you.

Hope this helps,

Daledoc1

Hi there;

This is my first post.

I searched but could not find a question similar to mine.

I have been using AVG Internet Security for several years, PAID VERSION.

I somehow got infected with malware and I ran AVG several times and not help.

I downloaded the free version of Malwarebytes and they got rid of everything,

If I buy the Pro version of Malwarebytes would I still need a program like AVG or

Norton or Kaspersky to protect my computer or would I be protected completely with

MALWAREBYTES?

Thanks for your help

JWU

PS; I run windows 7

Yes you will need both. One application picks up where the other application falls short.

More technically speaking, AVG targets true viruses and Malwarebytes' targets more of the non-viral malware.

Think of Malwarebytes as a supplemental anti malware application and what it does it does extremely well.