Getting blue screen memory dump

I got the virtumonde virus and Ive been trying to get rid of it. It turned of my windows auto. updates, brought on pop-ups and all the usual. I downloaded malwarebytes and superantispyware to help getting rid of all the crap. I have my system restore turned off. When I run malwarebytes and superantispyware....ill just say it gets halfway through and it goes to blue screen system memory dump. Oh, I have also ran vundofix and it didnt find anything. I can run spybot all the way through, and I even got my windows update to turn back on. So I think Im in the clear but Id like to run these last 2 scanners to be sure. I did get malwarebytes to just scan a certain folder and correct those infections....but I cant remember which folder it is right now. I think I might try to uninstall these 2 programs and do a reinstall and see if that works. Do any of you have any other opinions?

• Root Admin

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?

Someone will be happy to assist you further with cleaning your system if required

During this scan and cleanup process you should not install any other software unless requested to do so.

If MBAM won't update please post what logs you can in the forum mentioned in the link above and someone will assist you further.

I downloaded, installed, and updated malwarebytes. I cannot complete the quick scan without getting the blue screen memory dump.

I turned my system restore off cause I read somewhere that it should be done. It will rewrite itself in the system restore if I dont get it fully removed. I created a restore point before I started trying to remove it and plan on turning it back on once Im sure its fully removed.

• Root Admin

The point is that an infected Restore Point if needed is better than NO Restore Point if the cleaning procedures removes something that prevents Windows from starting. You might be able to restore back to the infected state and try another removal procedure.

Please post in the HJT forum and as soon as one of the volunteers have time they will assist you.

I got the virtumonde virus and Ive been trying to get rid of it. It turned of my windows auto. updates, brought on pop-ups and all the usual. I downloaded malwarebytes and superantispyware to help getting rid of all the crap. I have my system restore turned off. When I run malwarebytes and superantispyware....ill just say it gets halfway through and it goes to blue screen system memory dump. Oh, I have also ran vundofix and it didnt find anything. I can run spybot all the way through, and I even got my windows update to turn back on. So I think Im in the clear but Id like to run these last 2 scanners to be sure. I did get malwarebytes to just scan a certain folder and correct those infections....but I cant remember which folder it is right now. I think I might try to uninstall these 2 programs and do a reinstall and see if that works. Do any of you have any other opinions?

Did you do your scans from Safe Mode? That works better, sometimes.