Latest version 1.33 stops working in XP

Latest version 1.33 stops working in XP

My freeware version 1.33 stops working in XP. When I try to run a full systemscan, the program is working fine for a while, and suddenly stops working. The program shows no errormessage, it just stops working. I wait to check on maybe the program restores itself, but that doesn't happen. I try to close the program and the error reporting tool from MS shows up, but the program will not close after the report is sent. I then try the ctrl+alt+delete-trick, to close it from the console, but the same thing happens. The error-reporting tool from MS sends the error-message, but the program will not close. To close it I have to do a restart on the computer.. I guess it's not supposed to work like this.

I don't even get a logfile. The prior version had no problems at all. :)

Please follow this link, read the directions on the linked page, and try to follow them to the best of your ability. Any help you can give us in figuring this issue out will be appreciated.

I tried this solution. I get error 'you are using the wrong version' and 'can't find database'. I uninstalled the application and rebooted, followed by an installation of the 1.33-version again. Tried the same again, with thesame result.

The issue with freezing seems not to be the problem, as the whole system is affected, especially in full-scan, where I have to reboot.

In quick-scan I'm able to terminate the application via the ctrl+alt+delete-console.

I tried to install the 1.32 version, but the automatic update re-installed the 1.33 version right back, so I'm pretty stuck and frusted.

You could try the MBAM uninstall utility here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

Then try installing 1.33

Just make sure you have your license key saved or written down first

I've used the uninstall utility 2 times already ;) ...and using the freeware version as mentioned in my first posting..

Since I did the first posting on this issue, no-one else has experienced the same problem, so it's likely that there are some conflicts with other programs. I'll just wait this problem out before installing again.

Sorry about that, didn't realize you'd already tried that. Did you already post to the thread that GT500 referred you to? The reason I ask is because the developers (as far as I know) are still tracking an issue with the program freezing/crashing on some people's systems and they watch that thread for new info.

I have only posted this problem in this thread. Was told to do so by one of the good helpers on the helpdesk ;)

Marcin (lead developer and company president) is the one who created that fix I gave you the link to. His profile on the forums is RubbeR DuckY. Please send him a Private Message via the forums, and let him know about the issues you are having with those instructions I linked you to.