Malwarebytes Antivirus?

Hi,

You lovely people at malwarebytes.org recently saved me from a killer vundo virus and I'd like to purchase the pro-version of the software. I'm wondering though, will this replace my current antivirus? I'm run Avast! and thinking about getting rid of it anyway... after all, I was running it when I got infected.

So, will running malwarebytes do the trick? I'm also thinking of download and installing the free edition of AVG.

Thanks!

Heckler

I'm sorry but I just have to ask. Do all you guys just really hate malware? I'm mean, with all the scams and wheelers and dealers out there... I can't tell you how nice it is to find a site as genuinely helpful as this one. It's probably the coolest thing I've found on the Internet in a while.

Yours,

Heckler

Yeah, it's safe to say that those of us here do hate malware. I can say that's the reason I help out here. I used to be a PC tech at a big box retailer and when I saw the kinds of nasty infections that were out there and what they did to people's computers I was outraged, so now here I am trying to contribute a bit and do what I can to help fight the bad guys. I really REALLY HATE MALWARE. I look forward to the day that tools like Malwarebytes' are able to fully clean systems easily without the need for malware removal experts or tech's. In fact, that's why MBAM works as well as it does because that's what it's designed to do and the developers are working on it constantly (from what I hear they work something like 15-18 hour work days) so it's always getting updated to properly deal with the newest threats that aren't removed by most other security softwares.

In Apocalypse Now there is a scene where bombs are dropping all over the place and the actor says I love the smell of burning Napalm in the morning.

I liked it so much that I use I love the smell of burning malware in the morning in my signatures on forums I visit.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=AnB7Mvz4pAE

No kidding, that's awesome. Honestly, both Avira and Norton have really good detections at the moment (although Avira's are slightly better) and they're both light on resources. NIS has a firewall which is a plus, but if given the choice between the two, I'd still go with Avira (plus a free firewall like Comodo or Vista Firewall Control by Sphinx (if running Vista).

Right now they are handing out 6 month licenses of that avira premium.

I was so impressed with Avira running on my old PIII that I purchased a 1 year license.

I could not get avast! Free to run on it

PS. I cant decide what software I want, besides malwarebytes of course. I have NIS 2009 and now I license to avira errr.

On my XP Pro system it had Norton 360 I believe and the first thing I did was to exorcise all traces of Norton and Symantec from the hard drive because is ran little better than the PIII with it installed.

It now runs avast! Free, Windows Defender and WinPatrol PLUS

I was so impressed with Avira running on my old PIII that I purchased a 1 year license.

I could not get avast! Free to run on it

On my XP Pro system it had Norton 360 I believe and the first thing I did was to exorcise all traces of Norton and Symantec from the hard drive because is ran little better than the PIII with it installed.

It now runs avast! Free, Windows Defender and WinPatrol PLUS

Norton 360 is to heavy on resources even then new verison in beta, last time I tried it. Norton internet security 2009 , is much lighter. I dont know what to do. lol I never get a virus anyway, lol nor malware , I download some on purpose just to test out security.

-illusion

http://kingofgng.com/eng/2009/01/13/free-6...ntivir-premium/

Read the page it links u to the register page and tells u what the German means.

-illusion

Just make sure u dont download threw the link, just get the license then they have a link on that page to the download so u can get an english version to use the license with. I am testing it out now due to you all saying so much about it. I really dont like the interface vs NIS 2009 interface. But I going to test it out.

-illusion