Unable to Install Malware Bytes to Remove Virus Remover 2008/2009 and prunnet.exe

Hello,

It seems I have a trojan virus on my machine that is preventing me from installing Malwarebytes to fix it among other things.

THE CULPRIT:

Virus Remover 2008 and/or 2009

prunnet.exe also found

I'VE TRIED SEARCHING THE FORUMS FOR FIXES WITHOUT SUCCESS.

SOME THINGS THAT DIDN'T WORK:

- I tried locating and disabling TDSSserv.sys. It was not in the hidden driver list.

- I can't run Malwarebytes EXE file even after i rename it.

- I can't run the computer in Safemode or access the BIOS. I don't even get the initial screens before the OS boots up.

- I can't access the Task Manager. I get a prompt that says that it has been disabled by the Administrator.

- I can't reboot from a CD such as Avira AntiVir Rescue System (because I can't access BIOS or run in Safemode).

- I can't run SpyBot which was already installed on the computer.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

I just tackled this. Renaming mbam.exe to mam.exe works just fine. After that it will remove some files but encounter an error, so rename it back to mbam.exe and you can also run SUPERAntispyware after this to completely remove the infection.

I just tackled this. Renaming mbam.exe to mam.exe works just fine. After that it will remove some files but encounter an error, so rename it back to mbam.exe and you can also run SUPERAntispyware after this to completely remove the infection.

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately, this did NOT work.

I received the following error stating that [fillintheblank].exe is not allowed. Any other suggestions?

• Root Admin

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?

Someone will be happy to assist you further with cleaning your system if required

During this scan and cleanup process you should not install any other software unless requested to do so.

Run what you can run and if nothing runs then say so in the HJT forum and someone will assist you in cleaning your system.