Thotkey.exe

Shrodu

Hey, I'm not sure if it's okay to post this kind of message here or not, but I'll go ahead and try.

AVG recently rang up a false positive of Thotkey.exe on my computer. (C:/Program Files/Toshiba/Toshiba Applet) AVG also deleted this file and now I can't use my media keys (Play/Pause, Stop, Previous/Next Track) nor my FN keys.

Is it possible for anyone to post Thotkey.exe so I can possibly get my computer working properly again? (I'm using Windows XP, not Vista nor 7)

Again, I'm sorry if this type of post is not allowed, I'm new here. :(

not sure if it's okay to post this kind of message here or not, but I'll go ahead and try.

Apologies, but we're not a file sharing site.

You should be able to download the installer file from Toshiba's site or dequarantine it from AVG's vault.

I suggest that you report this False postive to AVG.

Apologies, but we're not a file sharing site.

You should be able to download the installer file from Toshiba's site or dequarantine it from AVG's vault.

I suggest that you report this False postive to AVG.

I have reported it and I cannot find this file on Toshiba's site, nor any site. I'm at a complete loss and was hoping for a bit of assistance. :(

Much appreciated, but this is a clean install for Windows 7 (Which is not the right OS and would terminate just about all I have installed on this computer, including every other picture and video I have on this computer).

Just need the Thotkey alone. :(

Would be helpful if you specify which OS you have. Far as I know, Toshiba bundles all the required software/drivers into the recovery disk. You should be able to extract the file from there.

I've been saying that I have Windows XP. Media Center edition. Version 2002. Service Pack 3.