McAfee Deep Defender

han_solo

I beg to differ!

If you had a true virus, you'll want McAfee AV software as it is well able to disinfect an infected file. Remember, MBAM and SAS can NOT.

All you know is their retail product. You probably know nothing about Enterprise v8.70i and/or ePO and I'll bet you wouldn't know what HBSS is without a Google search and probably have to do real research into border gateway solutions. Intel's purchase of McAfee was a very strategic, well thought out venture in areas of INFOSEC and COMSEC.

Yeah, McAfee has a sh!tty retail AV solution. HP makes sh!tty digital cameras but I wouldn't bad mouth the whole HP company over it.

I mean no offense or disrespect but if you are going to bad mouth a company, you should know what that company does.

I understand that mbam/sas are not antiviruses. :) However, McAfee would be one of my last choices for one due to being bloatware, slow and awful detection.

I see. Thanks for pointing that out. Was not aware of that. :)

I agree. :)

I understand that mbam/sas are not antiviruses. :) However, McAfee would be one of my last choices for one due to being bloatware, slow and awful detection.

I see. Thanks for pointing that out. Was not aware of that. :)

I agree. :)

Trust me when I say that McAfee WOULD NOT be on my short list of desktop anti virus solutions either. Their retail product is BLAOTED and is sh!t! doh.gif

Until recently, McAfee was included in my Multi-AV Scanning Tool that is until they stopped including the Command Line Scanner in their SuperDAT file.

You're not calling me out are you Steve :lol:

AdminBanHammer.png

*Shivering in my boots*

No sir, no sir; three bags full.. :unsure: :unsure:

You know, in my MUCH younger days I had a girlfriend that had a whip with a handle like.. errr.. ahhh.. NEVERMIND. Not about to go off-topic.. :P

Phbblllllllllllltttttt... (Grinning, ducking and running)

Steve..

Trust me when I say that McAfee WOULD NOT be on my short list of desktop anti virus solutions either. Their retail product is BLAOTED and is sh!t! doh.gif

Until recently, McAfee was included in my Multi-AV Scanning Tool that is until they stopped including the Command Line Scanner in their SuperDAT file.

Dave; as a replacement in your toolbelt I've found the Linux-boot, CD-load, G-DATA virus scanner tool (free - as opposed to their $$ complete anti-virus product) does an adequate job.. When one can't get much else to work it comes in very handy *and* it automagically goes online to get the latest virus database - it's thorough and uses both CPUs in a dual-CPU system.

Steve

BACK on Topic Mr. BAN-stick wielder.. :P

Dave; as a replacement in your toolbelt I've found the Linux-boot, CD-load, G-DATA virus scanner tool (free - as opposed to their $$ complete anti-virus product) does an adequate job.. When one can't get much else to work it comes in very handy *and* it automagically goes online to get the latest virus database - it's thorough and uses both CPUs in a dual-CPU system.

Steve

Steve that's interesting. Right now I incorporate the following scanners in my Multi-AV Scanning Tool...

* Avira

* Emsisoft

* Kaspersky

* Sophos

* Trend Micro

Avira replaced McAfee and it is fully licensed to me to be used specifically in the Multi-AV Scanning Tool.

The Kaspersky scanner is literally a DOS based scanner (with DOS extension) and I'm ready to replace it.

G-DATA could be that replacement in what would be Multi-AV v9.0, that is IFF there is a Win32 scanner.

Thanx for the heads-up Steve ! beer.gif