cannot open malwarebytes, dds won't work

cacm

Hello. I got infected with something, it immediately doesn't let me use antyspyware such as malwarebytes or super antispyware, and my eset nod32 antivirus won't update.

Furthermore, I tried downloading DDS to post my log here and it won't make any logs. It's been on for over an hour and it didn't do any log, also there's no way I can close it or do anything with it. When I minimize it, it pops back up after a couple of seconds.

What can I do?

Many thanks in advance!

C.

• Staff

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

Try this instead:

Download OTL.exe by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe.
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted.
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

THank you so much for your assistance.

I just tried what you suggested but could not go through it. The virus (or whatever) closed it and won't let me access it just as it doesn't let me access malwarevytes or my antivirus.

I'm also getting some small settings changed in some programs all the time, my keyboard also acts a bit strange sometimes when I type (some characters appear doubled).

I've also tried TDSS killer and combofix, same thing, they won't work.

Furthermore, the computer is sometimes freezing and won't come back, so I have to cut the power and restart it.

I really hope you can help me with this issue, it's been almost one week that I have this infection.

Best wishes,

CACM.

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

Try this instead:

Download OTL.exe by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe.
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted.
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

• Staff

Hi,

These are links to Anti-virus vendors that offer free LiveCD or Rescue CD files that are used to boot from for repair of unbootable and damaged systems, rescue data, scan the system for virus infections. Burn it as an image to a disk to get a bootable CD. All (except Avira) are in the ISO Image file format. Avira uses an EXE that has built-in CD burning capability.

If you are not sure how to burn an image, please read How to write a CD/DVD image or ISO. If you need a FREE utility to burn the ISO image, download and use ImgBurn.

Let me know how it goes.

Hello, and thanks again for your assistance. Unfortunately 3 days ago my system crashed completely, and when the computer started, it went into a system restore loop. If I restarted it it went back to system restore and if I actually went throough system restore, it would restart and go back to system restore. After seeing some forums and not finding any solution for this, I simply decided to get install a new Windows, so I installed Windows 7 Home Premium.

After doing that, I downloaded Malwarebytes anitmalware and it found two bugs, I'm pasting the logfile below. I know that in the logfile it says that faXcooL.exe was not erased but I did another scan and erased it later. I guess these bugs had to come from the previous infection since this is a new copy of Windows which I installed.

The only problem I'm getting with my system now is that it sometimes freezes all of a sudden and I have to shut the power off to restart it, it happened about 4 times today.

Kind regards, Cacm.

The log file:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.2.1300

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 8021

Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514

26-10-2011 11:30:57

mbam-log-2011-10-26 (11-30-57).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|)

Objects scanned: 389344

Time elapsed: 46 minute(s), 44 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

c:\Windows\Setup\scripts\faXcooL.exe (HackTool.Wpakill) -> Not selected for removal.

c:\windows.old.000\Windows\Setup\scripts\faXcooL.exe (HackTool.Wpakill) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Hi,

These are links to Anti-virus vendors that offer free LiveCD or Rescue CD files that are used to boot from for repair of unbootable and damaged systems, rescue data, scan the system for virus infections. Burn it as an image to a disk to get a bootable CD. All (except Avira) are in the ISO Image file format. Avira uses an EXE that has built-in CD burning capability.

If you are not sure how to burn an image, please read How to write a CD/DVD image or ISO. If you need a FREE utility to burn the ISO image, download and use ImgBurn.

Let me know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!