I am pretty sure this is false?

cursious

I have done numerous scans with Comodo, Avast, Super Antispyware, MSSE, all coming up with a spotless system and no false positives from any. Both the Quick and Full system scans of Malwarebyte's come up clean, however; with the Flash scan i continue to get this reading: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.2.1300

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 7914

Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

10/10/2011 6:40:48 AM

mbam-log-2011-10-10 (06-40-42).txt

Scan type: Flash scan

Objects scanned: 154972

Time elapsed: 1 minute(s), 39 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 1

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

c:\program files\antivirus pc 2009\quarantine (Rogue.AntiVirusPC2009) -> No action taken. [2bbf8c92639dcd3391b0643c01026c94]

Files Infected:

Could someone check this for me and let me know?? Thanks a Bunch

Can you manually navigate here and let me know if it exists or not?

c:\program files\antivirus pc 2009\quarantine

Also are you running all these real time? Comodo, Avast, Super Antispyware, MSSE

Thanx for the reply!!! Aside from Malwarebyte's real-time scanners I am also using Comodo's and Avast's;MSSE; and Super Antispyware I use as back up scanners. I have tried to look for the file location both with windows indexing service as well as manually. When i still could not find the file I took my manul search one step further and searched all my roaming temp folders; still with no success. All the other scanners have found absolutely nothing no matter wich of their scans I tried. Malwarebyte"s also gives me a clean bill of health on all scans but the Flash scan; and only the flash scan, and it only finds it towards the end when it is going through the extra folders part of it. When I do try to remove it with MalwareByte's I get an error message saying the file cannot be found. Hope the extra info helps! And thanx again for the time!!

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.2.1300

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 7914

Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

10/10/2011 6:40:48 AM

mbam-log-2011-10-10 (06-40-42).txt

Scan type: Flash scan

Objects scanned: 154972

Time elapsed: 1 minute(s), 39 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 1

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

c:\program files\antivirus pc 2009\quarantine (Rogue.AntiVirusPC2009) -> No action taken. [2bbf8c92639dcd3391b0643c01026c94]

Files Infected:

Could someone check this for me and let me know?? Thanks a Bunch mbam-log-2011-10-10 (06-40-42).txt (997bytes)

Number of downloads: 3

• Staff

This is more than likely a conflict with Your AV's that you are running and not a Definition false positive. Using two Full time AV's and Mbam real time may be the cause. This is nothing i can fix defintion wise. I would contact support or make a post in the General forum and they will help you fix this.

This is more than likely a conflict with Your AV's that you are running and not a Definition false positive. Using two Full time AV's and Mbam real time may be the cause. This is nothing i can fix defintion wise. I would contact support or make a post in the General forum and they will help you fix this.

The thing is that MalwareByte's was the first program I installed on this new re-install of my Windows Vista OS. I ran the scan WITHOUT any other malware or antivirus program installed and it still showed this finding; are you going to tell me that a fresh install BEFORE installing absolutely anything else that Windows Vista comes pre-infected??? Another thing to is that if there are conflicts with other security software does that not defeate your claims that Malwarebyte's can run alongside anything??? NOT ONE OTHER OF MY SECURITY PROGRAMS COMES UP WITH A FALSE POSITVE; ONLY MALWAREBYET'S!!! I purchesed this software becuse you people made the claim that Malwarebyte's can run alongside anything (including security software) WITHOUT ANY CONFLICTS. Are you now saying that is a false claim???

• Staff

Maybe you misunderstood me. IF this was a definition false positive i could fix it for you. This is the only complaint we have of this.

Mbam works fine with most AV's but some systems require setting exclusions so that conflicts dont occur.

This is some conflict unique to your system. I was not aware and must of missed that it occured on a fresh install. This is something that support would be more than happy to help you with. I am just a researcher and am not on the support end of things. I will see if i can get someone from support to help you resolve this.

Hello cursious,

Please go into the MBAM scanner, under Settings->Scanner Settings. Create a screen capture of these settings and reply with the attached screen capture.

If you need assistance with this please let me know.

Thank you.

Unsure how it could happen before Comodo was installed as this issue is only known when Comodo is installed. Maybe you had Comodo before, deleted it, but some components were still present and active?

What happened was that when I uninstalled the C++ 2005 Redistrbutable Package it messed around with the SidebySide configurations of my security programs. After a couple of reboots, re-installation of all security programs to fix this issue. How I fixed Windows defender was to install MSSE then immediately uninstalled it (after online chat with microsoft). It was ultimately a dammaged .dll that was to blame in the WMI service for this false positive. This is a new problem according to Microsoft and they ;) say they are working on a solution.