Problem after removing Zentom

Yesterday I was infected with the 'Zentom'. I did my best to remove anything that was associated with the infection. I ran Malwarebytes (free) yesterday. I also use Microsoft security essentials it found 1 or two things I think as well.

There seems to be something left though. When I try to run task manager or regedit it appears for maybe 1 second this disappears. Also there is a little yellow triangle with an ! inside of it that appears in the right side of the task bar then disappears quickly at random times.

I have updated MWB several times and after each new update if finds a couple more infected items. Maybe MWB is working on a solution to my same problem? I don’t know but what can I do to help and what should I do to help my computer?

Thanks!

Awill100

So it seems my problem has has been solved.

After the last update for MWB yesterday I ran a quick scan and it found a few things. Instead of restarting like it asked I waited a little and ran another quick scan. It found a few more infected files. I restarted and the problem was solved!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!