Can't connect to internet after Malwarebytes.

xYan

I am having a problem connecting to the internet after using Malwarebytes to get rid of about 57 threats(according to the program). After it was done scanning, I restarted my computer to complete the process as it states and I noticed I couldn't connect to the internet. It's not problem with the ISP as my modem shows it is working properly and I am using the internet right now through a wireless router onto this laptop. I've noticed when I connect my modem to the router and use a wired connection my computer, it shows 'Limited Connection', which I believe is it is connected to a network but not the internet. However, when I connect the modem directly to my computer, it doesn't even find a network at all. I've used the modem directly with my laptop and it works, what happened to my computer after Malwarebytes? I googled, and noticed several other users have had this same problem, yet I can't find a solution in the FAQ?

Any advice/help would greatly be appreciated. I know it's not a connection problem with the ISP, it's like my computer denies using the internet and doesn't connect -_____-;.

Hello and welcome to MBAM, xYan:

Sounds as if you are experiencing the lingering effects of the malware infection.

Since we don't handle malware-related issues in this PC Help Section, you might want to have one of the experts have a look at your system to help get it back into shape.

If you would like expert assistance with cleaning your system, there are 3 support options from which to choose:

• Option 1 -- Free, Expert advice in the Malware Removal Forum
  • Option 2 -- Free support for paying customers using MBAM PRO -- Contact MBAM Support via email
  • Option 3 -- Premium, Fee-Based Support

OPTION 1

As we don't deal with malware removal in this PC Help Forum, you need please to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so that a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.

• First, please print out, read and carefully follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
  • If the infection has so crippled the computer that you cannot follow most/all of the requested steps, then please just proceed as advised below:
  • Then please post a NEW topic in the Malware Removal forum.
  • When posting your new thread, under "options", make sure to select Track this topic and choose Immediate Email Notification, so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.
  • One of the expert helpers there will give you free, one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do NOT make any further changes to your computer such as (Install/Uninstall programs; use special fix tools; delete files; edit the registry; OR use temp file cleaners, etc...) unless advised by a malware removal helper. Doing so can result in system changes which may hinder the attempts by a helper to clean your machine.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to your topic or "bump" it within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count from zero. Helpers are looking for topics with zero replies. If you reply to your own post, helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus may overlook your post. This will only delay your obtaining assistance.

• o If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
    Or
    o You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

OPTION 2

Alternatively, as a paying customer using MBAM PRO, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or here.

OPTION 3

If you would like to use the Malwarebytes Premium Services (Comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs -- from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups), please go to the Malwarebytes Premium Services support site.

Please be patient -- someone will assist you as soon as it is possible.

Thanks very much!

daledoc1

PS: Please use the zMn2t.jpg button instead of other ones when you reply here and at the other forums, so that it will be easier to read. :)

The same thing happened to me. I just downloaded and installed the program and wasn't having any problem with virus and such but just wanted added protection. After the first scan i did i restarted my computer and now i can't connect to the internet. There is something wrong with your program. plz find a solution to it!

I am having a problem connecting to the internet after using Malwarebytes to get rid of about 57 threats(according to the program). After it was done scanning, I restarted my computer to complete the process as it states and I noticed I couldn't connect to the internet. It's not problem with the ISP as my modem shows it is working properly and I am using the internet right now through a wireless router onto this laptop. I've noticed when I connect my modem to the router and use a wired connection my computer, it shows 'Limited Connection', which I believe is it is connected to a network but not the internet. However, when I connect the modem directly to my computer, it doesn't even find a network at all. I've used the modem directly with my laptop and it works, what happened to my computer after Malwarebytes? I googled, and noticed several other users have had this same problem, yet I can't find a solution in the FAQ?

Any advice/help would greatly be appreciated. I know it's not a connection problem with the ISP, it's like my computer denies using the internet and doesn't connect -_____-;.

If you think you still have an infected computer follow daledoc1's instructions first, otherwise here are some things to help troubleshoot.

Are you on cable or DSL? I know some cable modems don't like it when you switch out computers/routers. In a lot of cases when you switch like that you will have to reboot the modem.

I would suggest checking your IP setting for your network card and making sure none of your infections messed up any settings. If need be, you can open up a command prompt and type in ipconfig/all >ipconfig.txt and it will save a text file that you can upload if you don't know what you're looking for. I would suggest doing that on both the computer that will not connect and the computer that will so we can compare and see if there are any differences.

You can also try the following commands in command prompt to try to solve the problem (run in the order shown):

ipconfig/release

ipconfig/renew

ipconfig/flushdns

The same thing happened to me. I just downloaded and installed the program and wasn't having any problem with virus and such but just wanted added protection. After the first scan i did i restarted my computer and now i can't connect to the internet. There is something wrong with your program. plz find a solution to it!

Hello and welcome to Malwarebytes

It could very well be an infection that was on your computer that messed up the network settings during the removal of the infection. The infection probably was not detected by your antivirus. You can follow the instructions below and the experts will help you fix your computer, you can provide some logs that they will ask for to see what was removed by Malwarebytes to shed more light on your issue.

Hello and welcome to Malwarebytes

If you think you are infected, here are the steps needed to get your computer cleaned....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

Don't use any temporary file cleaners unless requested - this can cause data loss and make recovery difficult

You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:

• Option 1 —— Free Expert advice in the Malware Removal Forum
  • Option 2 —— Paying customer -- Contact Support via email
  • Option 3 —— Premium, Fee-Based Support

OPTION 1

As we don't deal with malware removal in the
General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum
, you need to start a topic in the

Malware Removal forum
so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.

• Please read and follow the
    , skipping any steps you are unable to complete.

• After posting your new post, make sure under
    options
    , you select
    Track this topic
    and choose
    Immediate Email Notification

so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

NOTE:
Please do not post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies.

If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.

Or

• You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

OPTION 2

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at
or

OPTION 3

If you would like to use our
Malwarebytes Premium Services
, Comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs—from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups go to our
support site.

Please be patient, someone will assist you as soon as possible.

PS: Please use the "Add Reply" Add-Reply.png button not the Reply button when you start replying.