Running Malwarebytes with Quick Heal antivirus

Guest spc3rd

Hello AussieAussie and :welcome:

Until one of our more experienced forum members, Moderators, or Admin staff can review your post and provide more detailed information, may I suggest in the interim you might want to inquire on the Quick Heal website and see if they are aware of any potential conflicts.

Malwarebytes works well with all the major antivirus software products as long as you place the necessary exclusions in both your antivirus (AV) program and Malwarebytes program to prevent conflicts from arising.

Hello, AussieAussie:

In addition to what spc3rd suggested, yes, MBAM is designed to provide layered protection alongside the major AV suites/programs.

You might want to have a look at the FAQ Section for general instructions about how to set up the reciprocal permissions and exclusions for MBAM and your AV/firewall in order to optimize performance.

I'm not familiar with Quick Heal or the precise steps to do so for that brand of AV, but the same general procedures should work. These links might offer some help with this:

http://forums.quickheal.com/

http://www.quickheal.com/support.asp

If you would like assistance with setting up the exclusions, please post back with your OS (XP, Vista, 7) and whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit, as well as with the exact name and version of the Quick Heal product you are using -- that will assist the experts in providing the tailored advice for your particular system.

Thanks!

HTH, :)

daledoc1

Hi Pete and Deity,

Thankyou for replying!

I'm not very pc literate as far as the things you suggested, so yes please some assistance in setting up the exclusions required would be a great help.

Here's the info. you requested Deity, if I've forgotten anything please let me know.

*OS - Windows XP Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3, 32 bit

*Quick Heal Total Security 2011

One last question, unrelated, if I may. Most times when I turn off my pc, I get the message other people are logged on and if I wish to continue. The thing is, no one else is logged on ??

Again, thankyou very much.

Hi Pete and Deity,

Thankyou for replying!

I'm not very pc literate as far as the things you suggested, so yes please some assistance in setting up the exclusions required would be a great help.

Here's the info. you requested Deity, if I've forgotten anything please let me know.

*OS - Windows XP Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3, 32 bit

*Quick Heal Total Security 2011

One last question, unrelated, if I may. Most times when I turn off my pc, I get the message other people are logged on and if I wish to continue. The thing is, no one else is logged on ??

Again, thankyou very much.

that generally means theres another user account logged into the computer and they didnt log off properly they just went and switched user if you click on start log off

how many usernames are there at the welcome screen

Hi, aussieaussie:

Sorry for not replying sooner -- I somehow lost track of this topic.

Did you check out the QH support page and/or forum for specific help with setting up exclusions and permissions?

Here are the general steps for installing MBAM and setting AV/firewall permissions:

• Temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here.
    Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license ID & key you were sent via email, if you are using the PRO version.
  • Launch MBAM and set the Protection and Registration (if using the PRO version).
  • Then go to the UPDATE tab (if not done during installation) and check for updates.
  • Restart the computer and verify that MBAM is in the task tray (if using the PRO version).
  • Now set up any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications. Then restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQs here; unless or until you get more specific instructions from the QH folks or an MBAM staffer, please use the instructions listed below.

I am just a home user and have no experience with the QH products, but the general instructions are here:

ISSUE: I have an Anti-Virus/Internet-Security other than TrendMicro and McAfee

SOLUTION: Check your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security application to see if you can add exclusions for specific applications/files to ignore. You may need to contact their technical support or check their support website for instructions. You will need to set your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security to ignore/exclude the following files:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

This would apply both to the AV and to the firewall.

Then, to set MBAM to Ignore Quick Heal:

• Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Click on the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on QuickHeal software and click on OK
  • Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

I have sent a PM to the forum administrator asking that he or one of the moderators or MBAM staff assist you further.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

daledoc1