type 'outgoing' again

Reference topic "Type Outgoing" posted 27 March 2011 - 10:43 AM

*Lou Fur [L Furstein] asked

I recently installed Malwarebytes Pro and think its great. However, at least once a day I get a message that Malwb has blocked the fowling [following?] "IP-block 67.215.241.102" (Type Outgoing). What does outgoing mean? Am I attempting to send malware out to another computer? If so how do I delete this malware?

*MWBytes replied

More than likely this is normal and Malwarebytes is doing its job. It could be a toolbar or plugin in your brower, or something simple like skype.

==========

Your reply to Lou Fur contained the cryptic [to me] comment that “It could be …something simple like Skype.”. In fact that is exactly my position. I run Malwarebytes and Kaspersky. I have recently installed Skype [yes!] and while exploring it, many times when I click on an option I get a similar message from MWB. In my case, that 194.143.137.103 has been blocked. Using an IP address tracker I find that the address belongs to TOV TRK Briz with hostname users.breezein.net, which is based in Ukraine.

My questions:

* Is this something specific to Skype?

* What does ‘block an outgoing’ mean and should I worry?

* Is the above-mentioned site dangerous, and if so what should I do?

* Can I ‘[should I] train’ MWB to ignore this site?

Hope this makes some sense. Problem is that I don’t know what I don’t know. E.g. I didn't know how to/if I could join the original conversation so I started a new topic.