Runtime 6 - Overflow Error when trying to remove infected files

kitliz

My computer was infected with the OpenCloud Security Virus (among other things, I imagine). I successfully managed to install and run MBAM (using rkill so that I could run the exe.)

Based on the instructions I was using at the time I ran a full scan (in Safe Mode with Networking) to completion which identified something like 60,000 infected files. When I clicked on "Remove Selected" the computer did not respond for a while and when I checked on it again I had a "Runtime 6 overflow" error.

I've since updated MBAM each time I use it, and have tried running both quick and full scans. I am able to save the log when the scan is complete but I continue to get the overflow error when I click the "Remove Selected" button. I've also tried to run SmartFraudfix and it also gives an "Access denied" error, so I'm assuming this is all a part of the virus and not an issue with the software. But I don't seem to be able to find other topics where people have have consistently received the overflow error message.

I did recently try letting the scan run for just a minute (200 infected objects found) and then Aborting the scan and removing the selected files, which did work to some degree. The program went through quarantining the files, posed a log, and then gave me a "Some files were not able to be removed" message. I then tried to let the scan run longer (30 minutes - 40,000 infected files found) and had the same Runtime error 6: Overflow message.

Any advice on what to try next would be greatly appreciated!

Kit

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!