new folder and file created after update this morning

After updating MBAM (free version) this morning, I ended up with another folder besides the normal MBAM folder in my Program Files. I now have both MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE (new) and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (old, real install) folders. The new MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE folder contains 1 file (even with view hidden and system files on) called SSUBTMR6.DLL but this file doesn't seem to be a real DLL as I can open it with a text editor. It only contains the following text: 1317104133. I've scanned with Spybot (full and file only), MBAM (full and file only), Trend Micro House Call (quick and folder only) and AVG (full and file only) but haven't found anything suspicious. I also uploaded the file to virusscan.jotti.org but nothing was found. Is this just an install/update error? Using Win 7 64 if it matters.

Hello and welcome to MBAM, Horsewhisperer:

I'm just a home user & volunteer helper, so you'll probably need to wait for an MBAM staffer or another expert to stop by.

Until then, however, please have a look at this recent topic, as the issue seems to be similar?

Perhaps there's something in that thread that points to a cause and a solution?

Hope this helps a bit,

daledoc1

Thanks for that link. I didn't think to search for the folder name because I felt it would be too common, so I just did a search for the .dll file name. The .dll was not mentioned in that other post, and I only had one folder created, but I guess it is possible that it was created on startup as I don't normally check the Program Files folder frequently and only noticed the folder today because I was installing another program. I just thought it was created after update because I normally update right after bootup and the folder was timestamped close to my boot time this morning.