any body know the mean of one byte at a time?

• Staff

Greetings and welcome to the forum. Sure thing, I'll give it my best. First off, for a good definition of what the word "byte" means, take a look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte Second, that particular phrase is the Malwarebytes' slogan and I'm guessing is used to denote that the product is increasing in it's ability to detect and eliminate malware as time goes on and as more and more people download the product. It probably also has to do with the fact that this site is very active and the developers are always collecting new samples of malware (malicious software) and adding it to the definitions for the product. I hope that was a sufficient response (as well as accurate). One of the actual developers may jump in here and respond with a better answer, but this would be my interpretation of their slogan. Thanks for signing up to the forum and if you need anything else, let us know.

It's much simpler than that.

In our early days we had an icon of a head of a growling tiger. 'One byte at a time' was a play of words meaning that our tiger ate malware 'one bite at a time'. B)

I guess you could say that those were the Heady Days of the application. :)