Recurring Error: MBAMService terminated unexpectedly

Hey there MalwareBytes users and staff. I'm a lead technician for one of your reseller companies who has a client with a recurring MBAM issue.

Basically, he's receiving the top error pictured here on bootup, and the bottom when he attempts to open the GUI.

mbam.PNG

I've dealt with this issue before, which is usually caused by a corrupted rules.ref, which can easily be remedied by replacing the rules file or a quick reinstall of the application. HOWEVER, in this instance that is not the case, as those actions have been performed several times, and the problem resurfaces a couple of days later. So I'm here trying to figure out what is causing the issue and how to fix it. Any insight or assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

As a licensed reseller, affiliate, corporate\business, non-profit or government user or tech shop, your current inquiry is eligible for Malwarebytes’ Corporate support. To qualify for business support services, you MUST HAVE a valid annual subscription and able to provide the following information for verification purposes.

Cleverbridge Order Reference Number:

Organization name:

Approved Contact name:

To contact our Corporate Support Team, please send an email with the above requested information to the following address:

corporate-support@malwarebytes.org or by going to the Malwarebytes Commercial Support site Right HERE

As a licensed reseller, affiliate, corporate\business, non-profit or government user or tech shop, your current inquiry is eligible for Malwarebytes’ Corporate support. To qualify for business support services, you MUST HAVE a valid annual subscription and able to provide the following information for verification purposes.

Cleverbridge Order Reference Number:

Organization name:

Approved Contact name:

To contact our Corporate Support Team, please send an email with the above requested information to the following address:

corporate-support@malwarebytes.org or by going to the Malwarebytes Commercial Support site Right HERE

Thank you, Firefox! I will contact them and try to resolve this issue once and for all. If the solution is applicable, I will also post the fix in this thread for future use.

• Root Admin

In the majority of cases we find that the Anti-Virus exclusions have not been set correctly.

Though there are other potential issues and we can assist you in trying to track down the cause.

Please go ahead and open a ticket with corporate support as requested.

Thank you