Unresponsive Script

avon4u

Hello avon4u

Here you can find some steps to find out what script is running too long, and what can cause this message:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unresponsive_Script_Warning

Let us know if this helps :)

Do you get this "Unresponsive Script" message on one specific website, or on different websites?

If you get this message on only one website, there might be a problem with that specific website.

If you get the error message on different websites, one of your add-ons (Firefox extensions) might be the problem. To test this, start Firefox with add-ons disabled:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe%20Mode#w_how-to-start-firefox-in-safe-mode

Do you still get the "Unresponsive Script" message this way? If not, one of your add-ons/extensions might be the problem.

In this case you might want to disable your add-ons:

• At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP), and then click Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
  • In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions or Plugins panel.
  • Select the add-on you wish to disable.
  • Click the Disable button.
  • If prompted, click Restart Firefox to finish disabling the add-on.

Then visit the websites that cause this error message, and re-enable your add-ons one by one in order to figure out which one causes this issue:

To re-enable an add-on, find it in the list of Add-ons and click Enable, then restart Firefox.

I'm not quite sure what you mean:

You get the "unresponsive script" message on different websites?

If so, try to follow the instructions in my above post when you have time. It's a tedious procedure, but can help you figure out the cause :)

Let us know if you need more help.

I get the "unresponsive script" message on different websites. How do I get rid of????

I'm not quite sure what you mean:

You get the "unresponsive script" message on different websites?

If so, try to follow the instructions in my above post when you have time. It's a tedious procedure, but can help you figure out the cause :)

Let us know if you need more help.

It's possibly the same add-on that also prevents you from adding attachments in Hotmail.

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=95193

Basically, you need to figure out which add-on is causing this problem. You can disable all your add-ons, and then re-enabled them one by one. It's a tedious process, but once you have figured out which add-on is responsible for the problem, you can leave that specific add-on disabled:

• At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP), and then click Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
  • In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions or Plugins panel.
  • Select all add-ons.
  • Click the Disable button.
  • If prompted, click Restart Firefox to finish disabling the add-on.

Then visit the websites that cause this error message, and re-enable your add-ons one by one in order to figure out which one causes this issue:

To re-enable an add-on, find it in the list of Add-ons and click Enable, then restart Firefox.