Hijacked searches -- please help. Thanks.

nlljy

This is unfamiliar territory for me -- so I do need your help. I just used Malwarebytes quick scan -- it did not detect any malicious items. I then downloaded Avira AntiVir and did a full scan - it detected TR/Dldr.KDW Trojan and then quarantined and removed it successfully. I tried to do search again -- still the same issues. Earlier, I tried to do a Hijackthis scan but it was not completed successfully. It was denied write access to the Hosts file, so it advised me to edit the file myself. However, I don't know how to perform the Hijackthis "Run as administrator" function even while I know where the "hosts" file is located. Some forums mention that deleting all other entries except for "127.0.0.1 localhost" in hosts will solve the problem. If that's true how do I go about it? How do I save the new "host" file? Or should I restore an old back up hosts file -- again, how should I go about that? Since I can not save a Hijackthis log list I could not submit a file for analysis.

Would you advise me to do the other steps -- defogger, DDS and GMER rootkit scanner? How do I "disable CD-ROM Emulation Software"? I couldn't seem to find that in my computer.

Thanks very much.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!